Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 05 for my 40th birthday several months early. Getting a sirius modulator ant tinting done. Contimplating one or two stripes down the center. My color is the blue-grey color.

A question to all, what CAI system is prefered? I guess a tune is not neccessary, as the computer should take care of that?

How about an axle back system? Looks like the stock is a dual or tripple pass system?

Damn this thing is nice! Just makes me giggle thinking about it. :party:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used to think 40 was old. Its so close now I have to recatagorize it as Still Young.

I have the New Era CAI on my 04, and they also make one for the 05.

Have fun with the new ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of my favorite cars of the 70's was the Judge.

Would it ba sacrilege to put a judge decal on an 06? I see I can get them from Year One....

Just thinking of what to call a GTO with a CAI and a single pass exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Shrike: I was thinking of putting on the 69' judge decal kit on my 05. After looking at the front quarter panels and the curve it has, I didn't think the judge sticker would look right on it. With the GTO badge located where it is now, I thought the decal would look cramped. The stripe followed the contour of the 69's body and I thought well it just wouldn't look right. As much as I wanted to intall the decals, I decided not to put the kit on. Long live the Judge.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
I have a question, I just got my GTO a few months ago and am turning 26 on the 27th of this month and im married with a 2 year old. Does this mean I had my midlife crisis early? :D

What does this say about me? I bought both of mine at 22?!?!?!?

:willy:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
I would say damn lucky if you can afford 2 at the age of 22
:agree No doubt!!!! I feel like a looser! I would have sold a testicle for a car like this when I was 22. I am 30 now with a wife and 2 kids and could only afford this now. I cannot have any more kids though, the GTO only has 2 back seats. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
40's not old. Just think, if you lived in the Roman Empire where the average lifespan was 30 you would be considered elderly - no wait bad example.

Ok if you lived in the sci fi world of book and movie Logan's Run where everyone over 30 years old is terminated....never mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this common trend that most of GTO owner is middle age male married with kid? I'm over 40 with 1 kid and tempting to get the goat since I test drive it. Never have a American car before. All Jap/German cars for me. Am I having midlife crisis?

·
Registered
674 Posts
I bought mine in december a few days before my 43rd. I bought my first porsche in 00 about fifteen months before my 40th for my 40th. my legend coupe for i think it was 35th, my rx7 convert a few month early for the big 30, my second rx7 for my 23rd (or was that for knowoing i passed the cpa exam) and my firebird convertible for my 15th.

every present i buy myself is for my birthday. sucks having a birthday in december, gotta make up for it all year round.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
TODAY, the seventh of June, 2005, I am pleased to tell all my new child, a grey 2005 GOAT came home to rest.

Rest, I say jokingly, as I took delivery at 8:00 pm with 4 miles, and it now has 57!!! - and I did my first scratch - acctually more of a back end 3 cycle wag with a heel and toe brake/ power job through two gears in front of my buddies house who has a whipple down draft blown mustang. he dynoed his car at some 550 for reference.

Cant wait for him to see his "greeting card" I left on the white concrete in front of his house!!!!

First on the list is a second gear skip override

Next is a CAI, then a single pass axle back. I am assuming the onboard computer can manage the easier breathing, or will this really mandate a tune?

Last are a pair of "Judge" badges.

this car is AWESOME!

I am getting ready to use the interactive CD rom, but anyway, what is the circle around the 25MPH all about on the display? and the chime tone?

And how about the "OD/Speed" flashing indicator?

Well, after I read the book, will probably make sense.

Right now, have XM, and heavy tint.

Increased my insurance by $30/ year. This off of a '01 chrysler sebring sedan.

Only quirk is that if the CD skips, it jumps to FM radio.

having fun!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.