Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
04BlkGto said:
Hey everyone, i just recently traded my 2001 mustang cobra in for a 2004 GTO, I have been happy with the GTO BIG TIME!!! Don;t you all think i made the right switch???

Thanks
Blake :cheers
I traded in a 2003 Cobra for a 2005 GTO, and I have never doubted the move for a second. The Goat is a much better car in many ways.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would still love to have a 2001 Cobra and build it up for a race car. The rear end on those things is nice, and I would love to do a turbo on one. I think it would be a fun car like that. Anyways, good decision, I LOVE my '05 GTO.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much horsepower can the GTO Block handle... I was hoping to do a head and cam swap.. along with every bolt on(headers, x-pipe, catback, pulley, and CAI) that should get me almost 500+ horsepower i would think... Is that okay for my engine and tranny???

Thanks for the help!!!! I can't stop smiling when i drive it

G

·
The stock block can handle PLENTY!

Just do yourself a single bolt-on and start getting speeding tickets galore and becoming good friends with Tire Rack!

Tom Byrne sells a VERY nice blower package for your car and you will be EXTREMELY happy with a 500HP package!

(hopefully Tom doesnt get mad at me promoting his business but he has the BEST picture of this package I have ever seen!)

01-12-60-130
2004 GTO Magnuson Intercooled supercharger - Silver stardust finish $5989.99
01-12-60-131
2004 GTO Magnuson Intercooled supercharger - Polished finish $6989.99

If you want more, Lingenfelter has a LS2 that generates 1038 REAR WHEEL horsepower !!! Downside is it cost $53,000.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've had three different modified mustangs and an '04 STi and I just recently bought an 05 GTO 6-speed and I love it. So far it is stock, but as far as fit, finish and comfort, there is no comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.