Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GrayGoat said:
What was the incentive? I read that 'March Madness' wasn't supposed to start until Thursday the 10th? BTW, that blue does kick ass! :cheers
Thanks,

I applied a little arm twisting to get the incentive discounted early.

·
Registered
74 Posts
What is the "March Madness" incentive? I haven't heard about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
OK. I looked up the "March Madness" incentive. It's only valid on vehicles that have been sitting there over 120 days. How could your '05 have been on the dealer lot since November, since they only started showing up in February? :confused:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rworkman98 said:
OK. I looked up the "March Madness" incentive. It's only valid on vehicles that have been sitting there over 120 days. How could your '05 have been on the dealer lot since November, since they only started showing up in February? :confused:
I can be persuasive my friend. :cool

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TexasRealtor said:
Can you explain exactly what deal you got for the rest of us? :confused
The dealership (pm me for the name) in question did have an '05 A4 that they received back in November and have been having trouble selling. Although, it has not been on the lot for 120 days, I was able to coax them into letting it go with the discount. After everything was said and done, I got it at the invoice price. That was the only goat that they were willing to make a deal on. All other colors and transmission options had sold out quickly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
EdwardC said:
I can be persuasive my friend. :cool
:cool So the dealer just took a hit for that amount? B/c they can't claim the rebate from GM... Sounds like you found a dealer who really wants to sell the car. :cheers:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Baron Samedi said:
I smell a rat. How much was this incentive supposedly for?
I grilled them already and ran a carfax check to insure that the goat was legit. $1000 + $500 off MSRP. I know that some dealerships are letting them go for $500 above invoice but with the incentive and the $500 discount, I got it at about the invoice price. I observed no intention to deceit unlike every other dealership that I visited.

·
Registered
156 Posts
In other words....they wanted to get rid of an automatic. Most men buying this car want a stick and that's why the rest of the other colors and tranny's were gone.

Nice deal dude. Enjoy it! :party:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what was the dealer invoice they showed you?

I saw the invoice slip at my dealer, and it included destination, and advertisement fees, plus hold-back. I know I can't talk down the hold-back, but I though the advertisement fees were crap. Anyway, I paid $200 under their invoice which was $31,967. BTW, they had it marked up $2K over MSRP on the lot. :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
EdwardC said:
I grilled them already and ran a carfax check to insure that the goat was legit. $1000 + $500 off MSRP. I know that some dealerships are letting them go for $500 above invoice but with the incentive and the $500 discount, I got it at about the invoice price. I observed no intention to deceit unlike every other dealership that I visited.
I smell BIG rat. You ran a carfax? You can't run carfaxs on new cars. A carfax requires a previous registration to be available. If you indeed did run a carfax and got results, you bought a used vehicle (GM program car or exec car, but I still doubt it). No new, retail stock 05 GTOs hit the US until January. What's the last 8 digits of your VIN? It's also very possible that the unit was their oldest (not as old as they told you) and they simply ate the $1000 to move that one rather than their fresh units. But an 05 sitting since November, nope.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Who cares what they called it. He got a good deal on an 05 period.

I did my deal over the phone. two dealers i visited were supposed to call me when the rebate went up. I have to call verizon, i think my phone is broken, no call in four months. the dealer i bought my car from laid out all the numbers, i checked them, no games, etc. we set up the deal over the phone, i drove over that night, all the papers were laid out for me to sign. that was thursday. picked it up saturday. i spent more time putting the baby seat in than the whole deal.

Welcome, and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Youe sure it was an 05 ??? My local dealer was putting the hood scoop hoods on some 04's and trying to tell me the 5.7 was the base motor with the option on the 05 being the 6.0. I mean c'mon do we look that stupid !

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK people,

1. It is an '05 GTO with an LS2 engine (149 miles on the odometer)

2. I ran carfax just in case there was dealer sheningans - it cleared. Yes, a car fax check on a new vehicle is redundant since it will invariably show a clean slate but in the off chance that there has been fraud perpetrated by the dealer, I want to be aware. I was screwed once before by purchasing a used car with a salvage title back in the 80's.

3. It would be difficult to pull the wool over my eyes

a)I read the fine print on any piece of paper - always
b)I have been trained to read body language and can tell when someone is being untruthful - a fringe benefit from previous training
c)I am a ruthless skeptic - just a fringe benefit from obtaining a doctorate in the physical sciences
d)I will never leave the negotiating table unless I am satisfied and I am not averse to taking advantage of a business that makes a living by shortchanging its customers

4. A $1000 off is $1000 off be it from a "March Madness" incentive or any other incentive. I could care less what it is called and if the dealer wants to call it "March Madness" then that is their business.
5. All of those content on smelling "rats" are welcome to the experience. I would rather smell the interior and the burning rubber of my goat.

·
Registered
156 Posts
EdwardC said:
OK people,

1. It is an '05 GTO with an LS2 engine (149 miles on the odometer)

2. I ran carfax just in case there was dealer sheningans - it cleared. Yes, a car fax check on a new vehicle is redundant since it will invariably show a clean slate but in the off chance that there has been fraud perpetrated by the dealer, I want to be aware. I was screwed once before by purchasing a used car with a salvage title back in the 80's.

3. It would be difficult to pull the wool over my eyes

a)I read the fine print on any piece of paper - always
b)I have been trained to read body language and can tell when someone is being untruthful - a fringe benefit from previous training
c)I am a ruthless skeptic - just a fringe benefit from obtaining a doctorate in the physical sciences
d)I will never leave the negotiating table unless I am satisfied and I am not averse to taking advantage of a business that makes a living by shortchanging its customers

4. A $1000 off is $1000 off be it from a "March Madness" incentive or any other incentive. I could care less what it is called and if the dealer wants to call it "March Madness" then that is their business.
5. All of those content on smelling "rats" are welcome to the experience. I would rather smell the interior and the burning rubber of my goat.
I'm convinced...lol :agree

So next time I need to buy a car.........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.