Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...now I can officially consider myself a member of the 2004 GTO family!I just bought a Impulse Blue GTO with a manual 6 speed.It is a very beautiful car and rides well and handles the turns as if they were straight.I dont care much for the stereo system but one day I will upgrade that.I wish that GM had put in a better sounding system but thats the way it goes sometimes.I will have to check the tire pressures to see if they are within specifications or not.I also have to take it back to the dealer because the CD player doesnt work!

Other than that everything else seems to be in good working order.I bought a extended warranty that I may cancel since after reading it most of the things covered dont pertain to calif unless there is a defect in workmanship or a faulty component.

Now I can read all of the various posts with a better understanding of what everyone is talking about with plusses or minuses with their new 2004 GTO.

Have a good evening everyone...Im off to take a drive!

Phillip
Oakland ca

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats :cheers
As far as the CD Player goes, you need to press a button before the unit will allow you to insert a disc. Hope that helps. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, bsmcall..I was able to get information on the CD player from the dealer and he told me that a new one had been ordered for the car already.They were aware that it didnt work but had forgot to tell me when I purchased the car!

It says error on the display..apparently a potential customer ruined the CD player somehow by playing with it or whatever he managed to do.

Thanks again.
Phillip

·
Registered
63 Posts
What Interior did you get?
What Dealer did you get it from?
I hope you didn't get the one I have been keeping my eye on for the past month.
Congrats!

GTO-TO-GO in Walnut Creek

·
Registered
83 Posts
GTO-TO-GO said:
What Interior did you get?
What Dealer did you get it from?
I hope you didn't get the one I have been keeping my eye on for the past month.
Congrats!

GTO-TO-GO in Walnut Creek

What are you waiting for!!!!!!!!!!! You snooze you lose.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am waiting for my house to sell ( escrow to close in two weeks) and hoping that GM was going to increase the rebate past 11-01-04(they didn't).
I was just wondering who he got it from and maybe how much he paid.
If less that I was quoted I could use that as leverage since he is from my area. Email from dealer was $24699.00 with GM's $3500 and dealer discount.
Thats pretty good, but I think they can do better the closer we get to the end of the year.

GTO-TO-GO

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi..I purchased my car from Oakland Automotive Center on broadway here in Oakland.The interior color matches tha car color...a very nice blue. I wish that I had seen the email quote that you got from a dealer because I bought after 1000 incntive had passed. I paid $26,500 for my car but I got over $3000 more for my trade in then I had been quoted at 2 other dealers.I sure would have used your email as a barganing chip if i had known that they could be bought at that low of a price.I had recived quotes of $27K and $26,295 from other area dealers.But they were lowballing me on my trade in so overall I fell that I came out ok.

Phillip

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the post. The GTO that I want has the same colors as yours and is at a different dealer. The Blue paint on the GTO is a better paint job than the new Vette and looks great.
This dealer has had this GTO for some time now and I hope they will have it when I have the money in a couple of weeks.
I double checked e-mail from that dealer and I made a mistake, they quoted $26499.00. So it sounds like you got a good deal .

What is you first impression of the GTO? -- 6 Speed?-- Handeling?-- Engine?

Thanks Again for the post. I can rest easy for now knowing that My GTO might still be waiting for me.

GTO-TO-GO

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi GTO-TO-GO..I like the car a lot.The 6 speed manual shift makes in my opinion the car a lot more fun to drive even in Bay Area traffic. I drove the automatic and it just wasnt the same. Maybe because it was a 4 speed automatic and I have had 5 speed automatic cars in the past.

The handling is excellent especially for the price of the car.

Im stilll learning everyday more and more about the car but so far its been great.The engine has a nice rumble to it and even though I havent tested it for acceleration or top speed yet I can feel the power waiting to be unleased.

Im also still adjusting my driving habits to get the best fuel econmy around town since as you know how the Bay Area is you can spend a lot of time driving in the various cities.

Hopefully you will purchase soon since you want the Blue GTO...that color in the Bay Area seems to be getting very scarce.Also sorry about all of the spelling errors in my prior post.I rushed when I responded.

Phillip

1 - 9 of 9 Posts