Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004 GTO

Top speed : 162 mph
0-60 mph : 5.3 sec.(manual)
0-¼ mile : 14.0 sec @ 105.0 mph(manual)
60-0 braking distance : 125 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.85 g

2004 WRX STi

Top speed : 152 mph
0-60 mph : 4.7 sec.
0-¼ mile : 13.2 seconds @ 104.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 114 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.90 g

You're an idiot if you don't see that a WRX STi is faster than our GTOs from a dig.

2004 WRX

Top speed : 147 mph
0-60 mph : 5.7 sec.
0-¼ mile : 14.4 sec @ 94.3 mph
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft.

Unless this is what you raced. A plain old WRX, no STi (or Ti as you say)

Oh and to those who said, Philly better win the Super Bowl or I should change my avatar. What difference does it make, I'll still be an Eagles fan. I don't bandwagon. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Despite your eagle fan status, I commend you on setting the record straight. The disdain for the facts that gonoximiento and vader953 have demonstrated have often led to human tragedies such as world wars, engineering disasters, and the rise of boy bands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
This is my first post here.

I have been reading here for quite some time.

I had to finally sign up when I saw the "I beat a Ti" thread which was locked of course. :rolleyes:

It's not a Ti. Everyone here should have seen that (some did) and ignored the thread.

The AWD would totally eat the GTO BUT from a roll prolly not.

It's all good. They are totally different cars. Personally I think I'd rather have an 05 Red on Red GTO 6 speed of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
EdwardC said:
Despite your eagle fan status, I commend you on setting the record straight. The disdain for the facts that gonoximiento and vader953 have demonstrated have often led to human tragedies such as world wars, engineering disasters, and the rise of boy bands.
Don't forget Ashlee Simpson singing at halftime of the Orange Bowl.:D
But, what can I say, I like to prove I'm right and others are wrong.


I win.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Btw, the line ranges from -8.5 to -9 with a 48 over/under. Much too generous if you ask me. :mad: Crazy Randy Moss is going to have a field day. :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
What I cant figure out is how the moron knew exactly what model he was racing at 2:am at 150mph.

Wait I figured it out. The GTO is australian so it must have been daylight at 2am when he raced it. right.

In the 70s people complained that the government was meddling too much in peoples business with all the emission and safety laws.

now we have cars that are more powerful than what was available then but a whole new generation of morons in search of their own darwin to screw things up so the government can get involved again, possibly putting a lid on the power to weight of a car like GM did in 68 with the carb plate on the firebird 4bbl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Without T.O. the Eagles will not make it to the Superbowl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
I just read the other thread, what a load of crap! How can anyone not understand the fact that doing 150 on a public highway at any time of the day is ridiculous? Racing late at night only reduces your odds of killing someone else. NO ONE can anticipate what another drive will do or how either car will react, especially at 150 MPH.

News FLASH our brakes suck!! I could only imagine what kind of brake fade there would be while making a sudden stop at 150 to avoid an accident?

Go to the track and race!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27 Posts
Wow..some cannot get over it! Ok if you want more..lets go at it...

djdub said:
2004 GTO

Top speed : 162 mph
0-60 mph : 5.3 sec.(manual)
0-¼ mile : 14.0 sec @ 105.0 mph(manual)
60-0 braking distance : 125 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.85 g

2004 WRX STi

Top speed : 152 mph
0-60 mph : 4.7 sec.
0-¼ mile : 13.2 seconds @ 104.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 114 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.90 g

You're an idiot if you don't see that a WRX STi is faster than our GTOs from a dig.

2004 WRX

Top speed : 147 mph
0-60 mph : 5.7 sec.
0-¼ mile : 14.4 sec @ 94.3 mph
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft.



Unless this is what you raced. A plain old WRX, no STi (or Ti as you say)

Oh and to those who said, Philly better win the Super Bowl or I should change my avatar. What difference does it make, I'll still be an Eagles fan. I don't bandwagon. :rolleyes:

First before anything, I hope the forum manager understands...that I must respond to the butchers.....and the illiterates!

Mr Philly...please read...you are making a fool of yourself!....First of all I kept accentuating 'SIXTH GEAR'.....meaning I did not race this Go cart from the get go! or as you eluded "From the dig"...Boy, get it right!

Second, if you want to get picky it was a WRX Sti not a WRX STi....get it! if you are going to criticize you have to get it right first...so keep your nose clean..buddy...so far...How do you feel? like a fool, right?

Third, the maximun speed for a WRX Sti (six speed) is 146mph with limiter, the theoretical speed is 154 mph....http://www.car-videos.com/performance/view.asp?id1=169&id2=82 thus you are still wrong...really wrong....beside the go cart simply either could not pass me...he knew my top speed or simply chicken out (like some here).

Fourth and last....The Subaru WRX Sti comes with the large wing....like I described earlier....pre-historic wing....can you actually read? Anyway the WRX has the smaller wing.....furthermore...I also wrote that I was behind him taunting him...before I spanked the Go cart!

I suggest you get some reading lessons...and get better in describing and researching vehicles....especially if you are going to Judge and accuse another...just get it right buddy!

Saludos!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27 Posts
EdwardC said:
Despite your eagle fan status, I commend you on setting the record straight. The disdain for the facts that gonoximiento and vader953 have demonstrated have often led to human tragedies such as world wars, engineering disasters, and the rise of boy bands.

Mr. Edward...there you go again...jumping the gun....Mr. Philly was wrong...and you for following and believing the information he posted...look like a fool too!

The fact is the people like you, the ones that jump into conclusions...and assume initiate the most disastrous error of mankind...ask Hussain....about Kuwait...Ask Hitler...for his errors....ask Manuel Noriega.....

I ask you to be more careful and professional....currently you look like a 13 year old!

Saludos!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27 Posts
Tom said:
What I cant figure out is how the moron knew exactly what model he was racing at 2:am at 150mph.

Wait I figured it out. The GTO is australian so it must have been daylight at 2am when he raced it. right.

In the 70s people complained that the government was meddling too much in peoples business with all the emission and safety laws.

now we have cars that are more powerful than what was available then but a whole new generation of morons in search of their own darwin to screw things up so the government can get involved again, possibly putting a lid on the power to weight of a car like GM did in 68 with the carb plate on the firebird 4bbl.
Well Bonehead...uupps I mean Tom...Looks like you have not figured out that these days modern vehicles do have headlights....especially at 2:00 a.m......wait....or is it that you suffer from the same disease Mr philly suffers? he cannot read or comprehend....what others write.....that's it!.....or it that your level of intelligence is the same as Bonehead...or is it that you are Bonehead.....ajum...!

The government....Liberalism/Democrats or Communist as you seem to favor....is of no concern to me...as an engineer....'Power to weight can be overcome.....'a = F/m, or F = ma'....perhaps you finally found out why the GTO can scientifically beat the Go cart....You see 'Torque' is directly affected...by speed and shape of a vehicle....aerodynamic....hold a precious issue w.r.t. torque.....Ratio of a transmission also plays a lot!

You can run and seek a form of dictatorship to control humankind....but if you know mankind history....you can never take away freedom! It will bounce back and hit you! I have to ask you...are you a communist? It is ok...it is a free country!

Maybe I am so adjust to jumping out of perfectly flying aircraft at 300 to 400 mile per hour...and see green and red tracers flying as I land.....maybe I miss the rush of danger!

Except that the morning (2:00 a.m.) I almost top speed my GTO I did not place anybody in danger except me! I admite we passed two vehicles driving on the left lane....I calculated the risk as minimun!

Saludos!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
qonoximiento said:
Well Bonehead...uupps I mean Tom...Looks like you have not figured out that these days modern vehicles do have headlights....especially at 2:00 a.m......wait....or is it that you suffer from the same disease Mr philly suffers? he cannot read or comprehend....what others write.....that's it!.....or it that your level of intelligence is the same as Bonehead...or is it that you are Bonehead.....ajum...!

The government....Liberalism/Democrats or Communist as you seem to favor....is of no concern to me...as an engineer....'Power to weight can be overcome.....'a = F/m, or F = ma'....perhaps you finally found out why the GTO can scientifically beat the Go cart....You see 'Torque' is directly affected...by speed and shape of a vehicle....aerodynamic....hold a precious issue w.r.t. torque.....Ratio of a transmission also plays a lot!

You can run and seek a form of dictatorship to control humankind....but if you know mankind history....you can never take away freedom! It will bounce back and hit you! I have to ask you...are you a communist? It is ok...it is a free country!

Maybe I am so adjust to jumping out of perfectly flying aircraft at 300 to 400 mile per hour...and see green and red tracers flying as I land.....maybe I miss the rush of danger!

Except that the morning (2:00 a.m.) I almost top speed my GTO I did not place anybody in danger except me! I admite we passed two vehicles driving on the left lane....I calculated the risk as minimun!

Saludos!
After reading your posts I have come to the conclusion that you may not have yet come to the age of obtaining a drivers license legally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
I'm closing this thread. Please be aware that personal attacks and name calling are not allowed at GTOforum. We try to keep a civil and friendly attitude at this site.

One member has been put in moderation due to this thread. Let's drop it and move on.

:cheers:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top