Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a new 05 auto w/ the 18 inche wheels. Sticker is 34,790.
They are willing to sell it for $30,450. What does eveyone think, grab it and have fun or wait and see what may happen later this year? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
WS6Vert said:
It's a new 05 auto w/ the 18 inche wheels. Sticker is 34,790.
They are willing to sell it for $30,450. What does eveyone think, grab it and have fun or wait and see what may happen later this year? Thanks.
Keep in mind you'll have to pay an extra $1300 gas guzzler tax on that automatic (at least in California they do).

·
Registered
6 Posts
2004 in Northeast

Considering a GTO . Bringing to Canada it has to have been in service a minimum of 6 months and have 7500 miles in order for GM to honour Warranty.
What might be a fair price for a 2004 with approx 8000.

Auto and moonroof.

GTO is not sold here.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im looking for another 05, but Im in no hurry, Im going to wait and see how gm sells the 05 through october.

When are the 06's suppose to come in, Im guessing the savings are to be had once the 06s start appearing on the lots, if this isnt the case I just might have to get one of those 05's with the seats that arent so damn slow.(an 06)

GTOnow,

moonroofs are never offered as an option, to my knowledge only through aftermarket co's, but I think you could find an o4 with 8k miles on it for around 21 or 22k.(american)

Congrats on being one of the first Canadians with a GTO!,A.

·
Registered
6 Posts
StocktonRaider
Thanks for the response. The sales person at 1400cars.com has this red 2004 automatic listed at 23995. As you said, the moonroof must be after market. If I can get a good deal, I may persue this one. But, I have just started to look and no panic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
no doubt you guys are all aware that holden have discontinued the monaro and the last limited production run is in the dealers now. For what it is worth there is now no discounting on the monaro in Oz (or very little to speak of) as it is generally considered that they will be a collectors item. I also understand that you will still have them in to next year but not many. My advise buy. You guys dont realise how lucky you have it, my coupe 4 in Oz was US$ 76,000 and a HSV GTO (with the gen4) (Monaro only have the gen 3) lists for about US $ 55,000 so go figure, manufacture here, put on a boat and sell there for almost half the price and ad to that that gas is abou US $1 a litre, life's a bitch eh :eek:)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
mrcoupe4, do you know what your pollution control standards are? Would love to bring a couple of HSV Holdens over -- like an Avalanche wagon, but California's pollution control standards are pretty strict. Might be able to do it by installing the drivetrain here -- technically making it a "kit car." Where there's a will there's a way...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.