Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my carb back from The Carb Shop in MN, and they rebuilt it for me for $110! They even included new gaskets all around for the intake and air cleaner. The turnaround time was 3 days once they received it.

I'm installing it in my 72 GTO today and then going for a drive. The first snow on the roads may happen tomorrow so I gotta beat the salt before she goes back into hibernation for the Winter!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
That's dirt cheap. I just had my Edelbrock rebuilt for $275 and "I" supplied the kit and had to buy the accelerator pump separately.... So I was over $300.....

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I heard they are good to work on. I was going to rebuild it myself, hence having the kit. I needed to bring the car in for something else so I decided to have the shop do it while they had it. I was a little surprised when i got the bill...... I thought it was a little high. Maybe that's standard?

So how did the cruz go Smalldog???

Edit - I just read where Cliff Ruggles charges $200, and that's on a Q-jet!:willy:

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
The Edelbrocks are very easy to work on. I put a kit in my 800 earlier this year, just about anyone can do it. I later swapped it out for a new Holley ultra street avenger to try and gain some performance, but hasn't lived up to it's hype, still not dialed in like I want. The Edelbrocks are simple to work on and tune, great streeet carb. I'm actually s little disappointed in the Holley, but to be fair haven't had the time to play with it much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts