Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some lady rear ended my 4 week old goat back in early May and did damage to the tune of $8,000. After 2 long months I just picked it up today!! I am so frigging happy this car is like a drug and I got my fix back. I test drove one of the auto tech's 05 just to make sure mine handled right. It did, but the only bad thing was he had his modded a bit (I think cat back and a tune because it was louder) and it pulled much harder. Now mine is stock and it is fast, but this thing was awsome kinda took my car down a notch in my mind. Now I can't wait to throw some LT headers on and get a tune. It's my current mission in life.......

·
Registered
84 Posts
Groucho said:
AAaaaaaauuuuuuggggggghhhhhh!!!!!

I miss my Holden!

Feckers have had it almost two weeks! Jeez, guys-- the part you need was made over here!!!!

Groucho,

Are you stilling driving the Vibe? At least I think that was what you got as a loaner. Hang in there. :seeya:

Edit: I forgot to congratulate GTO676 on the return of his GTO. :party:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Oh boy....

Holden is an atuomotive company that is part of the GM family based in Australia. When GM was looking to bring back the GTO, they wanted to find a quick way to get their design for the car out on the street. Instead of completely designing a new car from scratch (which would take at least a year) they instead based the new Pontiac GTO off of Australia's Holden Monaro. They are in a way the exact same car. They have about the same powertrain, design, and so on. Just our GTO is different to kind of more fit the classic American "muscle car" appearance and to also meet all US standards.

So yeah.... that's basically a Holden.

·
Registered
13 Posts
RiceEater said:
Oh boy....

Holden is an atuomotive company that is part of the GM family based in Australia. When GM was looking to bring back the GTO, they wanted to find a quick way to get their design for the car out on the street. Instead of completely designing a new car from scratch (which would take at least a year) they instead based the new Pontiac GTO off of Australia's Holden Monaro. They are in a way the exact same car. They have about the same powertrain, design, and so on. Just our GTO is different to kind of more fit the classic American "muscle car" appearance and to also meet all US standards.

So yeah.... that's basically a Holden.
Thanks for the explanation :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.