Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that there is a third brake light at the center of the rear window, and ANOTHER one in the tail spoiler? I always laugh at the bling effect of adding an aftermarket wing, and then having a redundant third brake light. Now I've been one of those guys and didn't even know it! I'll have to go in and disable one of them.

So, which one do you all think should be disabled??

--WW

G

·
amazing!

with the retro fit spoiler those are dual purpose stop lights for minis and suvs
no reason to be rear ended! 2 many lights!!!!! enjoy click the emerg brake one click and listen to the music! :party:

·
Registered
410 Posts
The base Monaro is delivered in Austrailia without a spoiler. It was easier to leave the light in the rear window then do the work to remove it. For those of us that removed our spoilers for looks or to help see better, we can still use the rear window 3rd brake light. I removed the spoiler to see tailgaters better at night. The looks have now grown on me and I like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I work in a body shop and many of the cars equipped with a spoiler from the factory or dealer have lights in the rear window as well as on the spoiler. I have also been behind my GTO in my truck and you can see both lights when the brakes are applied, Thats a good thing given the fact that there are way too many people driving that are not paying attention. :willy: I installed an electronic flasher in the light on my spoiler so it flashes when I'm on the brakes. :cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
wwroller said:
Has anyone noticed that there is a third brake light at the center of the rear window, and ANOTHER one in the tail spoiler? I always laugh at the bling effect of adding an aftermarket wing, and then having a redundant third brake light. Now I've been one of those guys and didn't even know it! I'll have to go in and disable one of them.

So, which one do you all think should be disabled??

--WW
Neither. The one behind the rear window is visible to drivers of tall vehicles and the one on the wing is visible to drivers of small vehicles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
scissors said:
...The one behind the rear window is visible to drivers of tall vehicles and the one on the wing is visible to drivers of small vehicles.

So the brake light in the tail isn't visible from up high? Gotta go test that.

Either way, I stand by my original statement: rice.

But the car itself is still :D :D :D !!

-WW

·
Registered
136 Posts
Xman said:
The base Monaro is delivered in Austrailia without a spoiler. It was easier to leave the light in the rear window then do the work to remove it. For those of us that removed our spoilers for looks or to help see better, we can still use the rear window 3rd brake light. I removed the spoiler to see tailgaters better at night. The looks have now grown on me and I like it.
Hey was is CAGS? Is that the skip shift that only allows you to go from 1st to 4th? and what is "pedals corrected"? Im used to trucks an old school Chevys, im still learning the modern cars. :willy:

·
Registered
410 Posts
ouijaguy said:
Hey was is CAGS? Is that the skip shift that only allows you to go from 1st to 4th? and what is "pedals corrected"? Im used to trucks an old school Chevys, im still learning the modern cars. :willy:
You are correct - CAGS (computer aided gear shift) helps gas mileage by forcing a 1st to 4th shift in some conditions. The 04 pedal covers were installed backwards at the factory. To install them correctly (like the 05s), take them off turn them upside down and place the one from the brake on the clutch and the one from the clutch on the brake (as imprinted on the inside of the pedal covers). There is a trick to doing it.

http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=1777&highlight=pedals+correct

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree that it looks a little bit like "rice". I considered disabling the window light, but decided to leave it for better visibility.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.