Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a 2006 GTO and just wondering with like a couple grand what would be a nice setup for the car as in exhausts, superchargers, etc. Also anyone know of anything to do these services(posted beneath) because i saw on SLPonline.com that they are offering these services for only 04-05 idk if its out for 06 yet or would it be same.

* Recalibrate speedometer for non-stock gear ratios*
* Remove top-speed limiter*
* Disable Computer-Aided Gear Selection (CAGS)**
* Disable torque reduction**
* Disable shift delays**
* Increase shift firmness**
* Raise rev limiter**
* Raise WOT shift points**
* Adjust cooling-fan activation points**
* Adjust AC shut-off for WOT**
* Disable vehicle anti-theft system**
* Disable catalytic-converter over-temp feature**
* Disable EGR**
* Disable air pump**
* Disable specific error codes**
* Install SLP High-Performance Spark Advance***

The link is this if you would like to check this out yourself http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=PCM1

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
That is actually only available for the 2004 GTO, the 2005 and 2006 are different.

They should be releasing the 05/06 stuff soon though,

B

·
0 Posts
you probably wont want to to hear this but anyone here will tell you, with just turning 17, spend some time with the car first. Before doing any mods.

Trust us.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Wowza, if you're only 17, I bet your insurance company LOVES to see you coming through the doors with a check each month. ;)
Good Luck with the new GTO. I agree with the others though. This probably won't be like any car you've driven before. I'd recommend leaving the traction control on for the first few days/weeks and not driving on wet/snowy pavement until you see how the car reacts. This car requires a driver, not just a warm body in the front seat.
There are many mods available out there. The 2005-2006 tuners are beginning to arrive at HP dealers/tuners now (finally). Just take your time and enjoy what the car has to offer. After all, it's better to have a car that you can drive than one sitting in a junk yard because you didn't take the time to get to know the vehicle and how it handles/drives.

B

·
0 Posts
we are not telling you not to enjoy the car, because we WANT you to use it for whatever reason you chose. BUT, we want to see you enjoy it for the length of the loan and then some.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah insurance is high on my Lexus too haha but I don't pay it so I don't care. Also I'm not looking to mod it right now because I don't have any money right now I'm dead broke plus I don't work but I was just wondering about the mods and stuff, plus I can keep my GTO bone stock and kick anybodys ass at school especially them cool ricer civics(cool? ha gotta love them funny ricers who drop more on mods then how much they paid for the car itself). EDIT: Oh also don't worry my Uncle was a drag racer got invited into IHRA but the wife(my aunt) was scared for his life so he had to sell his cars and stuff and quit i'll have him make me an expert in no time and get the feel of the car.

B

·
0 Posts
you have a lexus? cool !! which one do you have? And does it have the rotary motor option package?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IDK anything about my 2000 Lexus RX300 AWD I could care less about it. I can get pics of that if you'd like also. I also have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous well it's not mine it's my grand parents but they don't drive it. It just sits in the garage so I drive it if I want to have like 5+ people in the car but the system sucks in that car stock... Piece of S&!*.

B

·
0 Posts
yeah, buicks dont have the greatest sound systems, but they have nice leather!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
V6 its for my grand parents haha they are old school so they got cloth and everything basic but somehow the car turned out to be 30,000 so I don't know what upgrades they got besides like driver information stuff. But Buick is so stupid they put different tires on the 2006 model and the other day it had a flat so we took it to the dealer and after like 2 hours I went and talked to the lady and she said the car will be out soon then the service manager comes up to me says that they ordered the tire and it can't come till Wednesday and it was Saturday. I got pissed and asked him why the f&%$ would Buick put a tire on a brand new car that's VERY HARD to get because they had called like everyone in Tucson and even Phoenix to get this tire but nope no one had one. Made me very angry that I had to wait 2 hours and my car was still not fixed and they wouldn't give me a loaner car like Lexus does when my mom takes my car in for checkup.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Is your last name Rockefeller? Gates? Carnegie? V
Vanderbilt?
haha
I'm fairly sure I'd have been laughed right out of my middle-class home if I'd have mentioned that I wanted a $30k car when I was 17. ;)
My dad woulda said "looks like you are gonna need a couple more jobs son." (AFTER he stopped laughing). :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
my dad got me a 4 cylinder truck for my freshman present. That was the first and only time he ever bought me a car. Well, aside from when I got my 94 camaro, they offered me 12% but he was able to get 4% through his credit union. So I was like, you buy, I make payments.

·
Registered
454 Posts
my first car at 16 was a 1969 Lemans sport,paid for it myself
second car at 17 was a 1967 GTO 400 auto ,paid for it myseld
third car at 18 was a 1969 GTO Judge 400 4 spd,paid for it myself
shoot looking back now I realize that I paid for every damn car I ever owned
67 Firebird
70 Grand Prix SJ
87 Grand National
89 Trans Am 30th anniv turbo
96 Firebird
06 GTO

·
Registered
176 Posts
05GTO said:
2006gto,

Congratulations on your new GTO and welcome to GTOforum!

Chris W. who goes by GTPprix is the expert on reprogramng your cluster, I noticed he is on-line if he doesn't chime in on this thread send him a PM.
Most of that stuff is ECM related, however if he wants his shift light turned on or colors changed now he knows where to find me :) Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
my first car at 16 was a 1969 Lemans sport,paid for it myself
second car at 17 was a 1967 GTO 400 auto ,paid for it myseld
third car at 18 was a 1969 GTO Judge 400 4 spd,paid for it myself
shoot looking back now I realize that I paid for every damn car I ever owned
67 Firebird
70 Grand Prix SJ
87 Grand National
89 Trans Am 30th anniv turbo
96 Firebird
06 GTO
And just think...if you still had all those cars, in perfect condition, you'd have a ton of $$ in your garage. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I advise you to send me your taillights, and I'll send you mine. ASAP!!!! HUGE HP adder!!! AT LEAST 10-15hp. Guaranteed by someone almost 100% of the time. :willy:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts