Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any helpful hints on install? I have played with alot of stang suspension but this is still new. to you need a spring compressor or can you do it with a prybar? are there good install instructions included? thanx again for your help guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Their instructions aren't bad, but getting the springs out is tricky. I used the little jack that's with the spare tire between the axle and a sturdy part of the wheelwell to push the axle down enough to yank out the spring (after removing the bolts holding the swaybar). Once you get the bags in and replace the spring, I used it to jack it back up. Using just a hacksaw to cut the bump stops might be time consuming too, but I know some people do it that way.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Waste of time on a 6spd. My experience: Worked for 1 run, then as more rubber was laid down on the track the worse the wheel hop was. After 2 runs it was like I didn't have the bags at all. Hope you have better luck.:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting...I've had mine on for a while and wheel hop is a thing of the past.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was really looking for them more to cut down my rub on the tires. put some 18's on it even with doing all my homework on here and they still rub. rolled the fenders a little and the prob is ALMOST gone. just want it completely gone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts