Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first summer with the goat is coming to an end and I usually like to try to get some pictures in a cool location. They painted the building at my old favorite location so I've been trying to keep an eye open for another spot. I'll have to keep looking as this old gas station didn't have the affect I was hoping for (too busy of a background), but I thought I'd share them anyways :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Not my favorite color but it does look very good.

I have that same tail on my mirror but it hangs really low, How'd you get your's like that?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Your car is beautiful. I hope mine looks that good one day. I kinda like the back drop. Except the one with the house protruding into the shot. However if the shop came with the house ... I'd love the house.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! :)

Your car is beautiful. I hope mine looks that good one day. I kinda like the back drop. Except the one with the house protruding into the shot. However if the shop came with the house ... I'd love the house.
That part of the building does look like a house (back half and upper level was probably apartments), but it's an abandoned part of the same property/business - it was the storefront where they also had an ice cream/fast food window etc. It doesn't have the same nostalgic look though. My best man actually worked at this gas station/store when he was a kid, I'll have to be sure to send him some of the pics. Here's a better angle of that building (there's also a patio around on the far side):

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice car and great pics!
Love the 8 track and original radio. Is it a real judge?
I love the factory radio/8-track as well (Zeppelin IV in there!) even though they aren't functional. There is an aftermarket unit hidden in the glovebox - Rick (gto66yellow) built this car exactly the same way I would have if I did it myself (only much nicer! LOL).

It's not a true Judge. Rick referred to the car as a "re-creation" and I've adopted that term as well. Reasoning behind that is he didn't just slap decals and a spoiler on it - it has a true YZ RAIII block (this is why I put a YZ rather than WS decal on the block :) ), #12 heads, RA manifolds, RAIV cam, RA spec carb etc. and the spoiler/grills are supposed to be true Judge pieces as well. It's been mechanically "re-created" as a Judge rather than just being made to look like one :)

I would have definitely settled for a visual-only clone when I was looking last summer, but I was happy to come across this car where the builder went that extra mile - I like to say it's the closest thing to a true Judge that I can afford :D

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Super nice car with perfect stance and wheel tire combo. Looks "stockish" but much more attitude and I love the shoot location as well. :cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She's beautiful. Nice aggressive tire combination. What are the tire sizes?

Dan

Front -15x7 - 225/60
Rear - 15x8 - 245/60

My car has the seemingly common problem of sitting a little crooked in the rear. I like the stance from the drivers side, but the passenger side sits a little high (abotu 3/4" difference IIRC) for my liking (hence the reason you see no pics of the passenger side LOL). I've read some old threads on this problem and will have to look into rectifying it some day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts