Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:seeya:

I wanted to respond on another thread, so I decided to go ahead and register. I don't own a GTO, but I have an '85 Vette w/ ~375 crank hp/450 lb/ft. I've been a member on one of Troy's sister sites, Corvetteforum.com, for several years.

I've recently come to terms that my current DD ('05 Scion Xb), though roomy and certainly "different", is not for me. I've had it for a little over a year and, as soon as it comes out of the body shop for light hurricane damage, I'm going to sell it. Thinking about getting an '04 GTO since, 1) I can get one in the price range I want to stay within, 2) the engine is tried and true (though I'm sure the LS2 is no lame duck), and 3) engine mods are readily available and relatively cheap compared to the LS2.

It looks to me like the GTO community is just as helpful, knowledgeable, and fun as the Corvette community. It also looks like I'll have to learn to type the different variations of smilies. :cheers: :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, welcome! :cheers

I am doing lots of research on Mods and other info right now as well. So what ever info you come up with in your search, please let us know!

So far the gang here have been GREAT! :cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome!!

Yes you are correct the LS1 does have a ton of modifications readily available when compared to the LS2. Good luck in your search for a GTO!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. We are all fine. Our house only lost a few shingles and some gutter. I just found a water leak in the roof about 20 minutes ago though :willy:

I intentionally left the Scion and my wife's F150 supercrew in the open driveway since they have full coverage insurance. Quite coincidentally, they are both have appointments at the body shop in a week or so. The Vette, her old Corsica, and my Katana 600 (motorcycle) are all under the carport, since they only have liability coverage. In the back of my mind, I was kinda hoping for a tree to fall sqare in the middle of the Scion. Oh well... :D

I've been meaning to get pics of the Vette for about 2 months now so I can put it on a couple of sites for sale, but things keep popping up and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
dtor said:
Thanks guys. We are all fine. Our house only lost a few shingles and some gutter. I just found a water leak in the roof about 20 minutes ago though :willy:

I intentionally left the Scion and my wife's F150 supercrew in the open driveway since they have full coverage insurance. Quite coincidentally, they are both have appointments at the body shop in a week or so. The Vette, her old Corsica, and my Katana 600 (motorcycle) are all under the carport, since they only have liability coverage. In the back of my mind, I was kinda hoping for a tree to fall sqare in the middle of the Scion. Oh well... :D

I've been meaning to get pics of the Vette for about 2 months now so I can put it on a couple of sites for sale, but things keep popping up and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

You need a Roof? My brother works for a roofing company in Hattiesburg. You should give him a call and have him hook you up!
PM me if you want him to give you an estimate and help you out with your insurance! :cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
dtor said:

I admit I've thought in a similar manner before myself. When I lived in Michigan, the summers brought frequent thunderstorms, and hail was not uncommon either. On more than one occasion did I move my car outside hoping for a new paintjob. I am glad to hear you and yours weathered the storm. :cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts
dtor said:
I intentionally left the Scion and my wife's F150 supercrew in the open driveway since they have full coverage insurance.

In the back of my mind, I was kinda hoping for a tree to fall sqare in the middle of the Scion.

No wonder our insurance claims are so high...............if everybody thought like that we would REALLY be in trouble............................ :eek:

Even if I was only thinking like this I certainly wouldn't go on a public forum and say so........ :eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
vnamvet said:
No wonder our insurance claims are so high...............if everybody thought like that we would REALLY be in trouble............................ :eek:

Even if I was only thinking like this I certainly wouldn't go on a public forum and say so........ :eek:
And why would I leave two vehicles that DON'T have comp/coll in the driveway? So I can save you a penny on your insurance bill? :rolleyes: Tell ya what, next time we have a cat 4 hurricane roll through, I'll park the vehicles with c&c in the carport and you can pay to have my non-c&c cars repaired afterwards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.