Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is an 05, Torrid Red on red. I was hesitant about the red/red combo at first, but it makes it look like a more unique vehicle with this combo IMHO. It doesn't blend with the red/red :). I just picked it up the night before last with 25 miles on it. I feel like they didn't do much for me price wise, but around here even the leftovers are getting sticker- nobody here budges on GTOs much- I have been looking for a year now!!! I did get a good rate on it though, I guess that was GM's incentive to move the old stock- "we won't give you a killer deal on price, but we will give you a good rate to make up for it". Oh well, still love the car!
Joe

·
Registered
455 Posts
The pricing seems to really depend on where you leave. Some people in northern areas seemed to have better luck with negotiation--I guess a RWD performance vehicle in a wintry area could be reduced some. However, since spring is rolling around up north, plus the number of goats 'out there' is reducing, it wouldn't surprise me to see negotiation become harder or perhaps not possible.

At least there isn't a bogus surcharge on the goats like the '05 Mustangs when they first came out. Then again, I wonder if when the last few goats remain on the lots, if a few dealers might do just that--it seems this vehicle is now getting more awareness than its had in the past.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I actually live in PA- but they would not budge. I think they took about $2500 (including some $1000 rebate) off the 05 and THAT'S IT! They actually wanted to charge an "adjusted market value" on the 06 of like $3k more, but I got them out of that, just didn't offer me the same rate on the 06- 3.9%on the 05 vs. 8% on the 06. I'm sure if I did my own financing ahead of time, I would have gotten a decent rate on either one, but you know how it is when you sit in a new car :). They used the "special rate" in place of rebates I guess to move the old stock according to the sales manager. Whatever, I still like it :).

Haha- even funnier, the wife walked over to look at the new Eclipse Spider and they banged another 3-4k "adjusted market value" on that thing too. Now, I think it is a nice looking car, but judging by how the first 3 generations of eclipses held their value, the thought of even paying close to sticker on a new one (let alone OVER) would scare the crap out of me!!
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.