Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let it be known I have always purchased Chevy's from the same dealership in my hometown, and when the dealership gave me the figures I instinctivly asked the sales manager who I exclusively deal with at the Chevy Dealership who has no incentive in swaying my decision especially since I wasn't getting a Chevy and he said jump on it. Lease terms: 4 years, 48,000. $2,100 due and payments of $268/month (pre-tax). Just curious because typically anytime you start talking about a vehicle over $30,000 your payments albeit lease or finance are between $400-500/month. I almost thought it was too good to be true?!?!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I too went the lease route, when the sales guy called me and told me I could get an 04 M6 in silver for $250/mth. I've always been against leasing but this deal was too sweet. I ended up putting $2000 down and upped the mileage to 30K for 2 years from 24K. That way I can drive it all I want and will stay under warranty. Plus I can trade up for an 05 or 06 when the lease runs up. So after incentives and upping the mileage I came out at $273/mth for 2 years. I'm very happy with the deal.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Leasing

Yep, you can save lots of $$ by leasing, if you can stay under the mileage limit. Living in the SF Bay Area makes that all but impossible for me to live with 15K a year.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TexasRealtor said:
Are the lease deals on 6-speeds as well, or only autos?

Mathematically I would think it to be a wash; autos come with the $1000 gas guzzler and manuals are a $679 option. Either way, you can't beat the price!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I leased mine and got a good deal but I got my GMAC smartlease guide the other day and it says that you are not allowed to tint the windows or do any of the little things to personalize it. I realize why they put that in there but do you think that they will actually penalize you if you do any little cosmetic mods to personalize it? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rcline33 said:
I leased mine and got a good deal but I got my GMAC smartlease guide the other day and it says that you are not allowed to tint the windows or do any of the little things to personalize it. I realize why they put that in there but do you think that they will actually penalize you if you do any little cosmetic mods to personalize it? Any thoughts?

Not at all, so long as you turn it in with all mods intact. What they don't want is you modify say the cd player with an indash dvd screen and having to alter the dash only to take it out when the lease is up and it looks aweful - that's when you get penalized. Tinted windows? pshh that's just gravy for them as it looks that much cooler for the next sucker to buy it.

what are your lease details by the way? i am interested since it's were only about 30 miles apart - I actually got mine in Fort Wayne @ Don Ayres.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Leasing

I think i got a good deal on my 04 GTO 4-automatic. 3 year lease w/ $797.down, payments are $329/month. I did have $900. towards the lease price because I have GM Mastercard w/ 5% earnings. Turned in my leased 02 Grand Prix w/ no early termination penalties.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heatherGTO said:
I think i got a good deal on my 04 GTO 4-automatic. 3 year lease w/ $797.down, payments are $329/month. I did have $900. towards the lease price because I have GM Mastercard w/ 5% earnings. Turned in my leased 02 Grand Prix w/ no early termination penalties.

I could only use $1000 (max amount allowed by GM for GTO) - I personally thought that was some major BS - I called Customer Service the day I got it and she said "oh you have $1700 in earnings but you can only use $1000, sorry."

·
Registered
212 Posts
Don't forget to take your up front cost, i.e the $2000 and divide that across the number of months that you are leasing and add that to your monthly payment because that is money you will not get back.
My lease payment is highr than yours because I did not put any money up front and I was upside down on my trade but I still can afford the car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't think about that, 2100-1000(GM Earnings)-350(Refundable Security Deposit) = 750 / 48 = $15. So my monthly payments are 300 after taxes. Still not bad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did a 36 month smartbuy, which is like a lease except for how they calculate sales tax.
Here was my deal.
04 Gto Auto
Gms employee $30,213
Rebate $3500
Gm family first card $750
Over allowance of $1500 on trade.

I had a grand am se2 04 paid for. They showed me $13,500 on trade.
I got a check back for $10,000
My payment for 36 months is $213.
I could not pass this deal up.

I feel the lease/smartbuy is the best way to go on a GTO because this car did not sell too well new which usually means it won't sell well used.
Edmunds and Kelly blue book don't even show a trade value for the Gto. I think it is the only car like that.
If the values drop then I just turn the car in. If they hold there value I can buy it for $18,000. I really like that option, plus a cheap payment on a great car that I drive and have fun with for three years. :party

·
Registered
77 Posts
The amount of earnings you can use on a car purchase depends on your GM card. I have the original "blue" card which allows me to use all my earnings at once.

I put down my $2,300 in GM card earnings and came away with a 36 month, 36K lease for $297 per month before taxes.

Not the biggest lease fan, but chose this route with the concern of the residual value.

Speaking of the GMAC lease, did everyone get charged an upfront fee of $500? This was an administration fee the dealer put on at the last second that they said they could not remove. I told them that was fine, but reduce the car another $500.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The reason they discourage tinty is because in most states, anything but 50% is legal. They can simply remove the side and front window tint, but the back could be more difficult since you can hurt the defroster. If you feel comfortable removing the tint before turning it in, then I say go for it. I will probably tint mine and peel it off before I turn it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts