Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my 04 barbados blue M6 GTO for 7 months now, and Ive got the bug. The first mod reccomended to me was the K&N CAI kit. Does anyone out there already have this mod, and did it make a difference in seat of the pants o' mometer?

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I have spoken with many people who have purchased the LS1speed, K&N, and New Era, and out of all of these I've heard that the New Era is the best (and not because I'm a stocking dealer).... plus the New Era is cheaper than most @ 199.95 ! Let me know.... :cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
K&N CAI - thumbs up

I installed mine last weekend and have driven through 1.5 tanks of gas since the mod. It feels like there was a subtle improvement to performance. Based on the MPG calculator, there is a significant increase in fuel economy, about 2 miles per gal. The install went smooth, the instructions couldn't be better and it looks great under the hood. I am glad I purchased.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool... sounds good man, thanx for the tip. one more thing; how long did you wait on the part, and did you buy direct from an auto parts store, an outlet like summit or from the K&N Site?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where can i go to find this "New Era " intake. I have had good results from my last K&N intake for my 02 Chevy Silverado.

·
Registered
139 Posts
www.neweraperformanceparts.com is the site for the New Era intake and the K&N CAI. I bought my K&N from O'reilly's Auto Part Store here in TX for $255. Right now, the K&N is listed on the new era site for $229.95 + shipping. In previos posts by other's, people like the new era intake except for the fact that it didn't have a support system close to the filter which bothered some to custom make something to help support the weight near the filter and it doesn't come with a heat shield. I recommend the K&N and I'm only stating problems with the new era based on what others have said and not personnal experiences--overall the new era had positive reviews. The actual K&N heatshield is different then the pic that is posted on that site--it fits nice and I beleive that it works as intended.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
IPOCKALYPSE said:
www.neweraperformanceparts.com is the site for the New Era intake and the K&N CAI. I bought my K&N from O'reilly's Auto Part Store here in TX for $255. Right now, the K&N is listed on the new era site for $229.95 + shipping. In previos posts by other's, people like the new era intake except for the fact that it didn't have a support system close to the filter which bothered some to custom make something to help support the weight near the filter and it doesn't come with a heat shield. I recommend the K&N and I'm only stating problems with the new era based on what others have said and not personnal experiences--overall the new era had positive reviews. The actual K&N heatshield is different then the pic that is posted on that site--it fits nice and I beleive that it works as intended.
This is the best response I have ever read, thanks for your 2 cents :cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
What's up with New Era?

What's up with new era performance? I've tried to call them numerous times to order a K&N intake with no answer and I have also sent e-mails that have been returned undeliverable.

Are they out of business? Maybe they went belly-up??

Thanks....

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
No, they moved shops and the phone company screwed up and still hasn't hooked up there phones!!!!!! I talked to the owner, Mike Frumusa, he said that the phones should be up on Monday of next week...... I'll apologize on his behalf..... :cheers :willy:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I installed the CAI I got from New Era. I'm not very mechanically gifted and I did it in about 90 min.....no drilling required. I would've liked better instructions other than assemble the system as shown in the picture, but it's on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does The New Era Filter Use Any Type Of Oil ?
I Have Heard That K&n Installed In Some Of 99 Up
Chevy Trucks Had Problem With Mass Air Sen. From
The Oil Getting In Them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts