Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I presume most of you probably have some type of CAI installed and was curious if you noticed any increase or decrease in your MPG. I don't really want to mod my Goat too much as I just sold my highly modified Mustang a few weeks back and don't have any desire to go down that road again. I love the factory warrantee and want to keep it. With that being said, I am limiting the amount of mods I would like to go with and this being one of the easiest and cheapest I wanted to do some research first.

All helpful comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
GTOooo said:
So I presume most of you probably have some type of CAI installed and was curious if you noticed any increase or decrease in your MPG. I don't really want to mod my Goat too much as I just sold my highly modified Mustang a few weeks back and don't have any desire to go down that road again. I love the factory warrantee and want to keep it. With that being said, I am limiting the amount of mods I would like to go with and this being one of the easiest and cheapest I wanted to do some research first.

All helpful comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
The Lingenfelter CAI is a good choice for the Goat, and you'll probably see a slight increase in your MPG. The next mod you might consider would be a new shifter, so long as it's not the B&M...and provided that you have a manual transmission. My CSVT had a lot better brakes than my GTO so I did a cheap upgrade to my GOAT right after I bought it; factory C5 brakes pads on the front...cheap, easy and improved.:eek:

b.t.w. You sound a little like my brother (MeandmyKB) that posts at stangnet ...he sold his Mustang after he KBd it. It was faster than my GTO, but he blew his tranny while racing a modded F-body. The race was a draw, a first for him. Fixed the tranny and sold it to buy a new truck. Says he won't ever spend that kind of money on mods again. I think he's waiting on the Camaro, new GTO, etc and then just drive the thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which shifter would you recommend?

How much are the C5 brake pads? Do they give off more brake dust? Are they a direct replacement?

It happens, a car turns into a money pit and before you know it you've blown 20k on a car you no longer want. Coulda bought a SICK ride with the money I spent on my Stang but I will say that I did love working on her for the 4 years I had her. Oh well...live 'n learn!

·
Registered
491 Posts
GTOooo said:
Which shifter would you recommend?

How much are the C5 brake pads? Do they give off more brake dust? Are they a direct replacement?

It happens, a car turns into a money pit and before you know it you've blown 20k on a car you no longer want. Coulda bought a SICK ride with the money I spent on my Stang but I will say that I did love working on her for the 4 years I had her. Oh well...live 'n learn!

GMM RIP shifter seems to be the best. Sources for online purchasing are listed in the drivetrain section. There's a fairly new thread devoted to the GMM shifter.

OEM C5 pads were around 70.00. No dust as far as I can tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.