Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After ordering it on the 4th of Jan 2006, it finally made it today. I went with K&N simply 'cause, I had in store credit and K&N is the only application they listed for the GTO. I put it in the trunk on the way to work. When I get home I'll install it, if not during work if I have a bit of down time. Eitherway, I look so forward to it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got home and installed it. Taking for a test drive...will post results!

I'm back, it does seem a bit louder when accelerating. Didn't notice a huge diference in power, guess it takes a while for the computer to "re-learn" the parameters of the new filter. I disconnected the battery like it stated in the directions but when I connected it back, the clock was off but the stations were still programmed as well as well as the settings on the digital display. Did I have to do anything special or just disconnect the battery?

·
Registered
103 Posts
WOWHUH said:
I disconnected the battery like it stated in the directions but when I connected it back, the clock was off but the stations were still programmed as well as well as the settings on the digital display. Did I have to do anything special or just disconnect the battery?
I had my radio out of the car overnight, plugged it back in, and the stations were still there. No clock though. the radio must have a battery back-up.:)
Jake

·
Registered
304 Posts
I had mine sitting on the garage floor waiting to be installed. After reading all the negatives I sent it back for a refund. I dunno..........

JET

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, last night comming home from work, I had the opportunity to test it from a stand still. It seems I have a good deal more power, just couldn't feel the difference 'cause the car was spinning easier. It definatly revs faster. I tried the 0 - 60 times and couldn't keep the tires planted. Looks like I have to get better tires and perhaps the energy suspension bushings to get the power down!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.