Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at 800miles, my mpg, at 65mph, would read 19-20mpg. after K&N drop in, it reads 24.4 mpg. 1000 miles. anyone else see similar improvements. the throttle response is just better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It says Auto in his sig.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are you using a Cold Air Intake Kit or the Drop in Filter. I haven't be able to decide which I wanted to buy.

I certainly like the results, since I get around 15mpg in the city and 21 on the highway in the automatic.

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more power

i would like the CAI, but only about 7hp, i will stick with the drop in. has anyone on this site, tried to get a group buy. i'm not completely sold on programmers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
just installed a k&N CAI, and also a Diablo tune, Big difference,,Mostly in throttle response and torque, actually spunit hotly when hitting third,,not just a chirp but a good howl :party:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe the date of that GM Bulletin was 3-5-2004 so it is nothing new.

Myself, I plan to check the K&N Aircharger filter every year and clean it if I think that it needs cleaning and then spray the air filter lightly with air filter oil. If not I will check again the following year by cleaning and oiling.

Generally there should not be any need to clean and oil this filter regularly but K&N suggests to inspect once every year and then the K&N Aircharger instructions states to service filter every 50,000/100,000 miles. Sooner under extreme dusty conditions. To service: Soak in K&N filter cleaner, rinse with water, dry completely (do not use compressed air), re-oil with K&N Filter Oil. Myself I will use the aerosol oil spray as I can limit the amount of oil that I put on the filter better then squeezing oil out of a squeeze bottle along each pleat. They suggest letting the air filter set for 20 minutes before reinstalling on the vehicle. Myself, I will let it sit overnight then install the filter the next day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts