Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe the next generation GTO will get the new 6.2 liter that GM will be putting in their '07 full-size SUVs and pickups. They're claiming 400hp and 410 ft-lbs torque.

Variable camshaft timing and Displacement on Demand...sweet!:eek:

·
Registered
182 Posts
ModBoss2 said:
Maybe the next generation GTO will get the new 6.2 liter that GM will be putting in their '07 full-size SUVs and pickups. They're claiming 400hp and 410 ft-lbs torque.

Variable camshaft timing and Displacement on Demand...sweet!:eek:
Will that be available in the Regular Cab pickups as well?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
thats a Vortec engine in the Denali and Escelade. That particular engine will not have the Displacement on Demand. The 5.3 will have the DOD. That is a LS4 that is used in the Grand Prix GXP and the Envoy Denali. Although the variable camshaft timing will be available in the 6.2.

Also they will have a 6 speed automatic in the Denali/Escelade. I'd like to have that in a GTO.

I personally would rather stick with the LS2.

The Vortec Maxx 6.0 is available in the trucks in all cab dimensions. The truck is extremely powerful with the AWD system, despite having 40hp less than the GTO's 6.0

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dealernut said:
thats a Vortec engine in the Denali and Escelade. That particular engine will not have the Displacement on Demand. The 5.3 will have the DOD. That is a LS4 that is used in the Grand Prix GXP and the Envoy Denali. Although the variable camshaft timing will be available in the 6.2.

Also they will have a 6 speed automatic in the Denali/Escelade. I'd like to have that in a GTO.

I personally would rather stick with the LS2.

The Vortec Maxx 6.0 is available in the trucks in all cab dimensions. The truck is extremely powerful with the AWD system, despite having 40hp less than the GTO's 6.0

My bad.:eek:

Just read the article again (Jan '06 MOTOR) ...the 2007 6.2 (400hp and 410 ft-lbs torque) doesn't have Displacement on Demand, but mentions that it will be phased in later...it also goes on to say that the numbers are 400hp and 415 ft-lbs torque, instead of 410...so something is a little off with that article, but it did go on to reconfirm that DOD was to be phased in for the 6.2

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
ModBoss2 said:
My bad.:eek:

Just read the article again (Jan '06 MOTOR) ...the 2007 6.2 (400hp and 410 ft-lbs torque) doesn't have Displacement on Demand, but mentions that it will be phased in later...it also goes on to say that the numbers are 400hp and 415 ft-lbs torque, instead of 410...so something is a little off with that article, but it did go on to reconfirm that DOD was to be phased in for the 6.2

Hp # are different for each truck. 410hp for the caddy and 395 for the denali

So 400 is a good average. HAHA!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.