Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody install one it their 64-67? use normal rocker? interrupt to coil? if so how to wire without killing burniig points? i will switch to hei or accel fake points soon. thanks paul

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we still live in crack town (detroit). theives around here are opertunists not smart enough to figure out a kill switch but strong enough to use a screw driver to instead of a key.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Oh-okay!
On a buddies `64 Chevelle I rigged up another key switch under the drivers seat that was connected to the main battery connection. Without the key under the seat, the whole car was dead. I also made a chain lock system under behind the grill to lock the hood down.
If you have an electrical fuel pump, be sure to run that off a different line then the distributor, that way if the thieves hot wire the coil, it won't power the fuel pump too, causing the car to run out of gas sooner then they think.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I have a kill switch in my '67 that is in series with the coil primary. It is a hidden toggle switch and has no bearing on the resistor wire on the primary side itself: it is inline with the resistor wire, so the resistance is still there. I have stock ignition, and have been running the car this way since 1983 with no issues, other than I STILL have the car!! Oh, to live in Wisconsin and not have to WORRY about this stuff!!
Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts