Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to work with cruise on 60, just minding my business when a 5.0 was on my tail. I wasn't in the mood at the time so I pulled over to let him go and he starts playing with me. So I give him the nod and we both punch it, I pull a half car length on him immediately and slowly increase my lead until we shut down around 120. By that time he was about a half car length behind me.
I really expected more from the mustang...

We gave each other the thumbs up and went our separate ways

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Nice kill. Be carefull with those 5.0s though. The owner of my speed shop said those cars are easily making more then 400 at the wheels with just headers/exhaust and a tune. I killed one's time on the Power Tour Montgomery stop last month. He wouldn't run down the track with me side by side but he made MANY passes and his best time was a 13.35. I ran 3 times but only recorded 2 passes and ran a 13.28 @ 106 and a 13.23 @108 (spinning tires most the way,lol) in 101 degree heat with 90% humidity.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I was on my way to work with cruise on 60, just minding my business when a 5.0 was on my tail. I wasn't in the mood at the time so I pulled over to let him go and he starts playing with me. So I give him the nod and we both punch it, I pull a half car length on him immediately and slowly increase my lead until we shut down around 120. By that time he was about a half car length behind me.

Why is it.......when I read this the song >>> Danger Zone <<< began playing in my skull? :willy::willy:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts

Good kill.

Any car can be dangerous just depends on how deep the pockets are.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Thanks guys!
After all the excitement was over I realized how stupid it was. I mean doing 120 on a highway in a city at lunch time....

I'm thankful I didn't get caught and no one got hurt.

But it still felt good:willy:
Thats something you could have kept to yourself....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice, what mods do you have?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cat/Rez delete, Diablo Tune with fuel dialed in, Vararam intake. I want headers and a supercharger but I don't have the money for either right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts