Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving on a pretty deserted highway road in my WS-6 between here and Jacksonville when I see a black C5 Z06 pull out of one of the neighborhoods on the side of the road. He immediately gets next to me and puts it in 2nd (we were doing around 50) He looks over and points ahead so I nod. He did the three honks and I hit it. I steadily pulled on him to around 90 when we both let off. I was about a half car ahead of him. The only mods I think he had were Exhaust cause it was pretty loud. We got to the next light and he turned and went on his way. He was shaking his head. I tried to flag him down to chat but he would have none of it... It was a pretty exhilerating race, I expected him to start pulling any second.

My mods are LS6 Intake and Comp Cam with full bolt ons, SLP Long Tubes 373's and a 3400 stall. I put down 360/359 to the wheels last time I had it tuned. It was on a mustang Dyno.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I'm thinking the driver mod had something to do with the outcome of this race.

A stock C5 Z06 puts about 360-370 hp to the rear wheels. He is also about 300 pounds lighter than your car. The exhaust won't make much of a difference. Even with headers he would be at 370-380.

Nice kill. Watch out for Waldo and Starke.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking the driver mod had something to do with the outcome of this race.

A stock C5 Z06 puts about 360-370 hp to the rear wheels. He is also about 300 pounds lighter than your car. The exhaust won't make much of a difference. Even with headers he would be at 370-380.

Nice kill. Watch out for Waldo and Starke.

Yes. They are speed traps for sure. I was pretty surprised that I got him as well. I thought for sure he would pull me. My car does run in the low 12's consistently though... I remember reading that the C5's ran around the same times. It might have been the 385 HP model

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Yes. They are speed traps for sure. I was pretty surprised that I got him as well. I thought for sure he would pull me. My car does run in the low 12's consistently though... I remember reading that the C5's ran around the same times. It might have been the 385 HP model
That would explain a bit, if it was an 01.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts