Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone go to the Lambrecht dealership auction in Pierce, Nebraska or see it on History channel? I was there Friday and Saturday. It's interesting how being there is so much different from what the news reports and the TV shows.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We followed it on proxy bid on our six hour trip home. The pictures made the cars look decent but they were rusty toast. I was going to get a 1949 oldsmobile until it went for $9800.....more than my GTO cost me. They were paying $250 for rulers.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The Blue Cameo pickup was purchased by Steve Ames (Ames Performance). As I understand it, $140K... Original, low mileage cars, maybe... Way to much rust and neglect to make them worth much in my book.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those cars looked much better on camera than they actually were. They were filthy, rusty, rodent infested and vandalized. There were very few cars with a radiator left in them. I was right by the Cameo when it sold and it was insane how many people there were. Even the never titled cars had surface rust and the motors were filthy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:agree

This is the product of hyped news coverage for you. Pictures, videos and news coverage published 'seemingly perfect' project cars on a nation-wide scale and it drove hundreds of folks hundreds of miles out just to witness it.

And the folks with money jumped. Gotta get them cars! Can't miss an opportunity like this!

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having been there and seen those, I am guessing that those who bidder online were disappointed that they did not preview the cars in person.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts