Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a chance to practice launching their 04 or 05 A4 at the drags yet. Looking for a good technique.
I was wondering if you could launch with traction control on and once you were rolling hit the button and disable it.
I am planning to try rolling out 1/4 pedal and nailing it but I was wondering if the T/C might just work as a launch tool.

·
Registered
163 Posts
97gtp, how do you handle your gtp out of the hole?

I am the pround new owner of an 05 a4 GTO, pedal to the metal in one sec seems a bit too much, any other opinions out there?

Or am I just being a nancyboy?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would suggest get out there and practice launching at different rpm's so that you can learn your car and your area (different temperatures and elevations will also come into play). I have to launch close to idle otherwise I just spin too much. I would assume that you could launch with the T/C on and then disable it down the strip but, I would also assume that after the initial launch leaving the T/C on for the rest won't matter much. I know there's a lot of assuming going on here but, then that leads me back to get out there and see what happens to your car (just make sure your in a secluded area so you don't have to worry about the cops being called).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts