Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wasn't sure where to start this Thread so it goes in General.

Now that I've driven my Goat over 12k miles , I feel much better with the drive by wire and the torque usage. The IRS has taken a liitle more time , kinda scary at first but now that I'm getting better man is drifting the IRS fun.

The scenario that comes to mind : Left Lane only at posted, right lane at posted , one car length to make the move upto lefty and in front of righty . In my previous car the zig-zag was at a constant throttle acceleration. In the GTO the throttle is much faster so I'm almost too quick upto the left laners bumber (have to let off- but I'm getting better...) then when the swing is made to execute the ZigZag the IRS will drift (kinda feels like a loss of traction but it's controllable left to right then right to left). This flinging of the rearend with the steeing wheel and the throttle off to straighten out is so different from any previous car. Add more cars to the scenario and you fling the body as you drift the IRS and accelerate thru the bunchup and maybe hear the overspeed chime... ;)

Of course there are times when this move can't be completed so I don't attempt it. As I gain experience with more "moves" from my Goat I just love this car more and more. Nothing replaces torque and the IRS in the 60-100 range...:cool

I do wonder what other drives who see me make this ZigZag Drift move at speed must think. Do any other owners enjoy the IRS this way ?
:)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea , I understand that an SUV will roll over if you try this but we drive GTO's.

Oh well, if it's too fun it's got to be illegal or irresponsible. Guess I'm back to planning what wheels and exhaust mods to apply... :lol:

G

·
Xcommuter said:
Yea , I understand that an SUV will roll over if you try this but we drive GTO's.

Oh well, if it's too fun it's got to be illegal or irresponsible. Guess I'm back to planning what wheels and exhaust mods to apply... :lol:
If your looking to drift only .. then model your setup after rhys millens car...cant get it exact tho because rhys cars suspention is totally custom.. but you can get it pretty close...the rest is just personal opinion and how you drive "your line"...

If your drifting winding roads .. I suggest drive the road and memorize it completly .. then drift the hell out of it at late night only ... Its a lot safer..lot less people on the roadways and headlights will let you know theres oncomming cars.. :willy:

other then that .. pound the crud out of it and watch the understeer .. :D

you can also check the old post for "ATTN racers"...

PS the zigzag move is called a "Dori" in japan.. :D

:willy: :party:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.