Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just idle thinking.
While rummaging through my junk, I came upon my old wooden tennis racket from my teen years. The leather wrapping on the handle was perforated with numerous holes. I thought back to the GTO that has it's perforations at the 12o'clock and 6 o'clock locations. I recall being told that the tennis racket had perforations to allow perspiration to get soaked into the leather rather than sitting on the surface giving a slippery surface. I've wondered why the GTO's steering wheel doesn't have the perforations in the locations where one normally grips the wheel rather than where they are? Not that I've gotten into any wet palms driving situations.... yet!:D

·
Banned
14 Posts
Just idle thinking.
While rummaging through my junk, I came upon my old wooden tennis racket from my teen years. The leather wrapping on the handle was perforated with numerous holes. I thought back to the GTO that has it's perforations at the 12o'clock and 6 o'clock locations. I recall being told that the tennis racket had perforations to allow perspiration to get soaked into the leather rather than sitting on the surface giving a slippery surface. I've wondered why the GTO's steering wheel covers doesn't have the perforations in the locations where one normally grips the wheel rather than where they are? Not that I've gotten into any wet palms driving situations.... yet!:D
After 300 miles of driving we love the car but miss the leather (or faux leather) steering wheel our last two cars have had. The plastic wheel is OK but my wife is concerned about it being slippery and cold in the winter. Anybody tried an aftermarket cover? Not the kind that wrap round and around, the kind that is one piece and is stitched. I have tried the various online sources with no luck.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check the link in the post above to PFYC.com

Mine is a custom made Wheelskins European two tone Perforated version.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
After 300 miles of driving we love the car but miss the leather (or faux leather) steering wheel our last two cars have had. The plastic wheel is OK but my wife is concerned about it being slippery and cold in the winter. Anybody tried an aftermarket cover? Not the kind that wrap round and around, the kind that is one piece and is stitched. I have tried the various online sources with no luck.
Rather old thread to revive but that's what archives are for....

Plastic wheel? My "plastic" wheel is wrapped in leather and I have no complaints.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts