Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was wondering if anyone has used any type of leather cleaner/conditioner? or should I even use one? This is my first car with leather and I don't know what to do. Thank you very much. ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
The sun is your worst enemy. Living in FL, I have the best tint money can buy. :cool I recently tried Meguiars gold class leather wipes in the pop up can. Does a nice job on my red leather, not slippery, low sheen, pleasant subtle aroma. What your main concern is keeping it from drying out and cracking.

I do not believe in using leather cleaners, only if you have heavy soiling or dirt. I prefer for cleaning leather good old saddlesoap. Been using it on my boatshoes for years. Once your leather has thoroughly dried, use a good leather preservative. Mothers,Meguiars, Zymol.....anybody who is anybody in car care makes something. They all make similar products to preserve and protect leather. I prefer the creams as opposed to spary liquids. I am sure everyone out here has their favorite.

:cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Lexol has two leather products; cleaner and conditioner. Condition regularly and use the cleaner occasionally. It's great stuff. Developed originally for saddlery.

:cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

I really, really, really hate Lexol. (sorry) The best leather conditioner I've found is the Griot's Garage Leather Care. It leaves a matte finish and smells great. :)

Andy :cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all of your suggestions. I just got the car out of the body shop and the leather has seemed to take on some dust. it looks nasty and I want to take care of it ASAP. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts