Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that some goat owners were having batteries go dead if headlights were left on AUTO mode.

I just tried on my 05 GTO. Everything turned off.

Does anyone still has problems with AUTO feature? Do you recommend turning them off/on manually instead of using AUTO Feature. if so, why?

thanks a bunch

Rinku

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have an early builld (NOV 03) car that had the dead battery in auto problem.

But I like to have control over my own car anyway so I just went ahead and pulled the DRL relay and maunally turn the lights on when I want them to come on.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mine is set to Auto and so far no problems with that.

I miss my GTO. :willy:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine is on auto, you can set how many seconds all of the lights on the car stay on in your option menu

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mine are on Auto too...plus I have the switched "pulled" to activiate my fog lights in auto too. BTW they have the 55W 9005 elements in them also. It makes my morning and night driveing much better. Never a problem.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i have them on auto and occasionally they do not go off. it is not as rare as others make it out to be. I came off the train a few nights ago to a dead battery. it was towed to the dealer and the battery was replaced. drove it home and they didnt go off. towed there again.

if it happens at night i see the lights are on and open and close the door. the problem is when i park at the train in the AM and dont know they are staying on.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Tom said:
i have them on auto and occasionally they do not go off. it is not as rare as others make it out to be. I came off the train a few nights ago to a dead battery. it was towed to the dealer and the battery was replaced. drove it home and they didnt go off. towed there again.

if it happens at night i see the lights are on and open and close the door. the problem is when i park at the train in the AM and dont know they are staying on.
Me too..exact same problem

·
Registered
182 Posts
LS2FAST said:
Mine are on Auto too...plus I have the switched "pulled" to activiate my fog lights in auto too. BTW they have the 55W 9005 elements in them also. It makes my morning and night driveing much better. Never a problem.
Same here.....haven't had the first problem

1 - 20 of 37 Posts