Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to help my best friend recapture his youth. LOL.

I am looking for basically the front end for a 71-72 GTO. I found a pretty nice 1972 Lemans Luxury edition that I am going to convert to a GTO.

I need the following:

Hood
Fenders (both)
Front Endura Bumper
Headlight assemblies (both)

And any misc parts that I need to put this one together.

One thing that I was noticing is that the 1970 fenders almost look like they would work with the marker light opening cut out. Can anyone verify that?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I hope he has deep pockets

from

usable parts prices
fenders sell for 250 - 1000 ea
hoods not many left 250 for rusty ones to 3400 for a NOS one I know of that just sold
enduras and front valance 400 -1500
radiator support 100-500
headlight buckets 50 - 25

buy a parts car

Scott

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Next to my 66', a 71-72 is on my bucket list. I think they are the most "Muscular" design in the lineup.

like said a parts car will be your best bet or try E-bay and piece it out.

lets see some pics .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll get some pics up soon. I have a lead on a parts car. We will see. Still looking for parts though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fenders from non endura front end cars will not work neither will any of the outer sheet metal from doors forward..I have a endura car my son has a lux ..hoods if you can find one in decent shape are the most expensive part...the lower chin air dam piece below the endura bumper can be bought new from suppliers...the fenders cannot be sourced new ...not sure about radiator support the there are the supporting brackets that hold up the endura...the endura front " rubber" piece can be found on eBay often but beware many come from wreckedcars thus are twisted or warpedso check before buying .best if luck in your search...down the road I may have a hood for sale ...have two both have been only lightly folded( a very common problem with these hoods) I will take the best of the two and sell or trade the other...there is a hood currently on eBay in Tulsa but it looks to have a lot of Bondo in it...I would pass on it...shipping would be ridiculous on it ..these hoods are very heavy..again best of luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts