Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my 2004 pulse red 6 speed was rear ended at 55 MPH and driven into the two cars who were also stopped in front of me. My damages are around 6 grand. Anybody got any ideas on a nice replacement hood? Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
Can you post some pictures of the damage to your car and the other cars. Morbid curiosity.

You are turning a lemon into lemonade. The Banshee hood posted here a few days ago looks real nice.

·
Registered
70 Posts
golfgoat said:
Last night my 2004 pulse red 6 speed was rear ended at 55 MPH and driven into the two cars who were also stopped in front of me. My damages are around 6 grand. Anybody got any ideas on a nice replacement hood? Thanks
Wow!! Something must have been in the air last night. I got rear ended too!! i live in this stinking hole of a place called Las Vegas. i was on my way home from the gym and some family caravan hit me from behind!! Does anyone know if body parts for the GTO are readily availble? i am so freaking pissed!
:shutme

·
Registered
37 Posts
the SLP hood is tight, too...closer to what the '05's will be sporting, and it will have functional ram air, too...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was headed to the golf club doctor to pick up my new shafted driver when an "undocumented alien" hit me at 55 MPH. I'll post some pics when I figure out how to. The body shop (managed by my son in law) said at least 30 days for parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I know parts are slow for west coast people, the only warehouse that has GTO parts is in Philadelphia. My driver door skin took 3 days to get to me, luckily there was 30 of them in supply.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Parts do not seem to be a problem in NC. Did a check with my shop while I was switching hoods and most parts were in stock for order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We just got ours back from the shop tonite. We hit a deer at 65 MPH just two weeks after getting it. It required the whole front facia including lights, hood, fender, complete door and some other miscellaneous parts. It also had to have the interior completely replaced due to the glass. Anyway, the car would have been done in three weeks if it werent for the glass. The windshield and door glass just came in after two months. Obviously things will have changed since we started our project, but that was our only real long lead time. The driver door came in quick, but it also came in 6 times! I finally had to get GM on the phone and get a Manager in the Holden plant on conference. The doors come in to Penn and then out to the dealers. They come complete in a flimsy ars lil box with no packing. With him on the phone, he said he would personally make sure he sent one out that day for a good delivery. We said make it two. One came in with slight damage and the other was fine. There were also a few parts that didnt even have part numbers. Hopefully we have that fixed for the rest of you unlucky people behind us :)

Part II: Unlike some of the posts Ive been watching lately, we paid well over sticker. I get the GM discount and all, but we bought ours before the prices started dropping and because of another real unlucky situation, we were way upside down on a new Impala that had to be traded in for the Goat. However, every time that I start the GTO I remember that 36K still was worth it! For your other question on the hood....We bought the MPD hood and couldnt be happier. I checked into all of them and was very pleased with the quality and look of this one. "Look" is all personal, but quality is key. Pick what you want and pay what you need. The loans are long and you never want to walk out the door and not be the happiest possible because you saved 200 bucks. Just my two cents.

Thanks to all on the board. Not having my new car for the last two months, this board was the only thing keeping from going insane. At least I was able to live vicariously through you all. Have fun and keep it between the lines and off the fuzzy animals.

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Two months ago I successfully swirved to miss two deer on a narrow country road, but I scraped the driver's side of my front bumper on an embakement. I had to replace one of my rimms, a fog lamp, and my front bumper. My insursance company charged me with a collision, because I did not actually hit the deer. I had to pay a $500 deductable; if I had hit the deer head on the accident would have been considered comprehensive, and my deductable would have been $250. I think I made the right choice by driving around the deer, because my GTO would have been wrecked if I had hit the deer head on. The alignment on my GTO was checked, and no ajustments were needed, because I did not make full contact with the embakement. The hood and the driver's side fender and door were spared from any dents or scratches, so I consider myself fortunate for those reasons.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea, that sounds like ours. The kid that bought the one right after me wrecked his the same week. He swirved for a damn dog and drove between two trees. The trees were 6" narrower than his car. The following day he had a brand new Goat. 2 months later I got a repaired one. Just doesnt make dads rule about never swirving sound so right anymore! Just keep looking at it as I was lucky no one was hurt and he was just super lucky he aint dead! There was a guy in a truck, a semi truck of all things, killed by a deer just feet from where I hit mine two days later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts