Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see if we can get at least one of all the factory colors.....:)

Starlight Black
Cameo Ivory
Montreaux Blue
Fathom Blue
Tyrol Blue
Signet Gold
Linden Green
Gulf Turquoise
Mariner Turquoise
Plum Mist
Burgundy
Silverglaze
Regimental Red
Champagne
Montego Cream

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Sandu, tell us what you really think! Funny how Mayfair Maize looks great on a '65 (In my opinion) and looks not-so-great as Montego Cream on a '67.... and it's the same color. I always wanted to do a Verdoro Green '65 convertible with a white top and parchment interior.....For all the colors on all the goats, go to The Ultimate GTO Picture Site, and hit "dream car picker" to choose your year, model, and flavor.

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
A buddy of mine "back home" has a Mayfair Maize 65, 428, 4 speed. He's had it since college. He spun a bearing in it years ago and it's been sitting in his garage ever since. I keep busting his chops that he needs to get it going....

Bear

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I have the cameo ivory. Just got it a couple weeks ago. Trying to clean it up as best I can but lots of surface rust and blemishes. Still turns heads though and gets lots of "offers". Any ideas for resurrecting tired worn out paint?

Attachments

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Skurfan, nice survivor! Hardly ever see original paint cars these days. I would keep it clean, and waxed, and use an auto detail spray to clean it when too dirty to dust off. Mostly, I'd use a duster (California Duster) and keep it stored inside. I think at this stage a lot of washing is liable to speed up the aging process. If really dirty, yes, of course wash it. Just not all the time, and never use an automatic car wash. Wax will keep the surface rust from getting oxygen, which it needs to grow. Eventually, the car will probably need to repainted, buy you may be able to stave it off for another 40 years!! Luckily, Cameo Ivory is one of the most durable colors out there, and holds up very well. The light colored metallics do the worst over time, I've found.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
How about those clay bars? Any value in those? Just for info purposes took it to the local restore superstar and got a 10k estimate so will live withe best of what I have for now. The ivory is growing on me though. The rest of mine are red.

·
Registered
711 Posts
How about those clay bars? Any value in those? Just for info purposes took it to the local restore superstar and got a 10k estimate so will live withe best of what I have for now. The ivory is growing on me though. The rest of mine are red.
Clay bar works GREAT! Just remember that the bar and the spray on detailing solution is a cleaner only. You still have to apply wax to protect the paint when you're done.

I'd like to see another picture without the blur or whatever that is...

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I will get more pics up soon. Right now the car is up in the air. It sat for several years and the gas in the tank is sludge and I am changing the gas tank and blowing out the lines. Should have done this from the get go. Transmission filter keeps clogging too so have to address that also.

·
Registered
91 Posts
skurfan i got the cameo ivory on my 67 as well and it grows more and more on you everytime you take it out! at first when i got my car i didnt like ivory and was looking forward to changing the color and everyone was like thats not a true muscle car color. But now i take it out and as the compliments roll in it grows more on me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It wasn't that hard to find a montego cream. :)
Not the color I set out to buy, but after having it for a year I'm not sure If I would trade for any color. The light color really shows off the lines.
This is a HDR photo

1 - 20 of 36 Posts