Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ought to make a few folks think...

Beautiful, numbers-matching, PHS documented, Ram Air III 4-speed '69 for sale at $26,900 - from a dealer no less. The only things that jumped out at me were the wrong engine paint color and the missing Ram Air heat riser ducting on the drivers side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsGfm7Cau8

Bear

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I thought trim on the pedals was for power brake cars. Not sure if the shifter ball is correct. Mine had the t-handle. Looks like a great weekend cruiser. Love the color (its different).

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Shifter ball should be black, and wrong trim rings on wheels, nit pick stuff. An absolutely gorgeous car for a private-party price from a dealer. The dealer must have stolen it. You could in no way replicate that car for 26k. Not even close. A sleeper of a '69, to be sure!

·
Registered
659 Posts
I thought trim on the pedals was for power brake cars. Not sure if the shifter ball is correct. Mine had the t-handle. Looks like a great weekend cruiser. Love the color (its different).
Mine has manual brakes and it has the pedal trim. The center caps are wrong too, but it's a great car for the price. I thought all ram air cars had the knob inside to open the scoops?

·
Registered
71 Posts
That U tube ad was from October of 2013, wasn't it? I doubt if that car is still around. It is only about 20 to25 miles from my house!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
This ought to make a few folks think...

Beautiful, numbers-matching, PHS documented, Ram Air III 4-speed '69 for sale at $26,900 - from a dealer no less. The only things that jumped out at me were the wrong engine paint color and the missing Ram Air heat riser ducting on the drivers side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsGfm7Cau8

Bear
Agree with Bear and Geeteeohguy that if this car is truly "numbers matching," the few nits and nats can be corrected easily. In that case, this car appears to be a bargain.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Also....it is missing the vacuum lines and cable to the Ram Air system attached to the hood. And if it was driven 3.5 hours to the dealer why is the paint on the exhaust ports not burned off?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts