Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my registration in the mail today, and I started to remove the dealer tag on the back to install my permanent license plate. After I removed the dealer tag, I discovered that they had drilled the license plate holes in the wrong indentations to fit my plate. There are two other indentations at the correct spots for screws to go. The dealer had filled the first holes with some kind of putty to help keep the screws tight, I guess. I am going to drill the two new holes in the correct places for my plate, but I don't know what kind of putty or filler to put in the holes that I drill, or if that is needed at all. Has anyone drilled new holes for a rear plate, or how are your rear plates attached? Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
590 Posts
my dealer drilled the holes at the thinnest part. there's several built up areas there of little squares just for that purpose and they missed them all.

Mine's just screwed in to the plastic. They look like sheet metal screws. ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. After i posted my question, I discovered the license plate fastening kit in the glove compartment, with the correct screws and directions for attaching either the front or rear plates. Seems very simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.