Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what that red light (that doesn't light up) is for in the REV counter? I assume it is for a shift indicator, if so I don't think mine works as it has never lit up :confused
Is there an option to turn it on in the programming menu on startup?

·
Registered
48 Posts
shift light

Reading this thread at LS1gto.com but dont see the answer to the age old question as to why GM didn't activate this system. Any reason behind this or is it available to have them do it for a slight fee. I dont want to change anything esle but would like the shift light and sound especially if the light and buzzer are already on the car? Or I am confussing the facts and that they are putting the bulb into the opening where it is on the dash?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
10 BEERS said:
Reading this thread at LS1gto.com but dont see the answer to the age old question as to why GM didn't activate this system. Any reason behind this or is it available to have them do it for a slight fee. I dont want to change anything esle but would like the shift light and sound especially if the light and buzzer are already on the car? Or I am confussing the facts and that they are putting the bulb into the opening where it is on the dash?

The light and tone functionality is built into the car- they are activated with the software flas mod that GTPprix has.

Rumor is that P-P-Pontiac felt that activating the system would encourage racing.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
asteng88 said:
Thanks for the pics and info but I don't want the reference to pontiac removed on startup as it is a pontiac (like it or not).

Any other options? :confused

Options galore.

http://ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16676

2004-2005 GTO Instrument Cluster Programming Options:
Startup Logo:
( ) Holden Special Vehicles/HSV
( ) Holden
( ) Chevrolet
( ) Chevrolet Special Vehicles/CSV
( ) Pontiac (Stock)

Key Off Information (Applies Only if HSV Startup Logo is chosen) See Photos for More information.

10 – Digit Alphanumeric Name (Name appears under odometer when the car is off, upper or lower case, NO punctuation!)

4 – Digit Numeric Tag (Car year, birthdate, horsepower, anything you’d like here) If you select HSV and do NOT enter any information here your IPC will display simply “0000” here.

Daytime Running Light Controls:
( ) Indicator Delete (Removes Indicator from IPC but leaves DRL’s functional)
( ) Control Delete (Removes the DRL Relay control, when combined with the indicator delete above removes DRL’s completely. If you want your DRL’s removed completely you must check this option AND the one above it!)

Skip Shift Elimination
( ) Removes “Shift 1-4” light and multifunction display message (for those with a skip shift eliminator plugged into the factory wiring harness.)

Current Gear Indicator
( ) On
( ) Off

Shift Light:
( ) On
( ) Off

_ _ _ _ RPM to activate shift light (it’s best to leave around a 200 RPM buffer to give you time to shift and avoid hitting the rev limiter IE if you want to shift at 6,000 most people like the light to come on between 5700 and 5800 for a perfect shift).

Tire Size:
( ) Update cluster for 18” 235/40/18 Tires

MPH Light Dimming:
( ) Dim MPH Light to late 2004-2005 specifications

·
Registered
60 Posts
Chris White Rocks!!!!

Just finished PM'ing Chris. Going to have this done this Monday. Will let you know how it looks when I'm done. Thanks Groucho for the post to the "other" forum. Wouldn't have found him without it and would have went with a bolt on product.

Thanks again!! :cheers

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Palmer said:
Just finished PM'ing Chris. Going to have this done this Monday. Will let you know how it looks when I'm done. Thanks Groucho for the post to the "other" forum. Wouldn't have found him without it and would have went with a bolt on product.

Thanks again!! :cheers

No problem.

Trust me, you're going to dig it.

BTW I would recommend against the "Current Gear Indicator" option...it's sorta silly, and now that the novelty has worn off It's sorta-kinda annoying. It's only good for 1-4 gear anyhoo.

The shift light truly rocks, however.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Shift Light is AWESOME!!!!!

No more hitting the rev limiter!!! :cheers

For those who care, Chris White does great, GREAT work!! I highly recommend this to anyone who has a manual or wants their DRLs turned off the proper way.

Thanks for stopping Chris!! :cool

·
Registered
176 Posts
No problem man, thanks for finding a good spot and meeting up with me on my way home, what a fooking drive! 12+ hours with I-80 being shutdown due to a nice accident for an hour lol I guess when you see a helicopter land on the freeway, thats a bad sign.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTPprix said:
No problem man, thanks for finding a good spot and meeting up with me on my way home, what a fooking drive! 12+ hours with I-80 being shutdown due to a nice accident for an hour lol I guess when you see a helicopter land on the freeway, thats a bad sign.
That sounds like it sucked!! :willy:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
btchplz said:
GTO Dealer, do you know of any dealers offering this upgrade? I don't like the idea of having to ship my cluster.

Nope-- Chris is the one-and-only holder of the software. He came out to SoCal a couple of months back so we didn't have to yank our clusters out...but short of getting 20 more GTOers together for a group buy "house call" you'll have to take it out if you want the light.

And trust me- you want it. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
Groucho said:
Nope-- Chris is the one-and-only holder of the software. He came out to SoCal a couple of months back so we didn't have to yank our clusters out...but short of getting 20 more GTOers together for a group buy "house call" you'll have to take it out if you want the light.

And trust me- you want it. :D
Thanks guys, I guess in that case we should put out a call for all Cali GTO owners in order to get him back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.