Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Back when I ran a 4-speed, I ran a Hurst brand. Worked just fine. I think it was what most everybody used back then. I also put one in our '68 Bird Stocker, for doing burnouts.

But for our later bracket cars, I just disabled the rear brake adjusters, and loosened the brakes to where they would not grab on the 1st pedal pump. This way you can do burnouts without a line lock.

But the rear brakes can be used, if needed, by pumping the brake pedal twice. The rear brakes are not really needed, on most tracks, especially if you have front disc brakes.

I assume that all the name brand models sold today will work OK. :)

http://www.summitracing.com/search/section/line-locks/part-type/line-locks?N=4294947469+4294947463&GroupBy=ProductName&SortBy=Default&SortOrder=Ascending

JEGS Stage Control II |

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
line lock

Thank you for the info., this will be street driven also ,so back brakes must be hooked up. Ive tried brake stand and heal/toe methods, doesn't work brakes wont hold car, manual brakes. I like occasional tire smoke so line lock my only option. I checked out hurst linelocks, says it is universal to fit,just wondered if any body had any problems with it or success stories. Jeff

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thank you for the info., this will be street driven also ,so back brakes must be hooked up. Ive tried brake stand and heal/toe methods, doesn't work brakes wont hold car, manual brakes. I like occasional tire smoke so line lock my only option. I checked out hurst linelocks, says it is universal to fit,just wondered if any body had any problems with it or success stories. Jeff
Yeah, all the solenoids are universal. But they must be plumbed, somewhere in the brake line that goes to the front brakes. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts