Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lingenfetler CAI went on sale today through the 16th for $209.95 with free shipping.

:cheers

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ok, I may be a tard but I cant find it!? I looked at the Lingenfelter site and couldnt find it. I have been waiting till it goes on sale. Could you help me out with a wed site please. Thanks :cool

·
Registered
222 Posts
The_Goat said:
The Lingenfetler CAI went on sale today through the 16th for $209.95 with free shipping.

:cheers
From what I read , the sale is because Lingenfelter is redesigning their CAI. Something about
the MAF/IAT temperature thing...

I saw the price reduction and was tempted , but if a redesign in coming , I'll wait...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Xcommuter said:
From what I read , the sale is because Lingenfelter is redesigning their CAI. Something about

I saw the price reduction and was tempted , but if a redesign in coming , I'll wait...
I am waiting to see what AP is doing with the CAI for the 05 Hood scoops.

·
Registered
222 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
I am waiting to see what AP is doing with the CAI for the 05 Hood scoops.
Regarding 2005 parts - seems like alot of 04 stuff dominates the sites with more 2005 coming soon ... Hadn't heard of the AP CAI setup . All of my engine compartment Mods are still on paper - still watching/waiting for 2005 specfic parts to show up in the pipeline , Tuning and CAI for example.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Xcommuter said:
Regarding 2005 parts - seems like alot of 04 stuff dominates the sites with more 2005 coming soon ... Hadn't heard of the AP CAI setup . All of my engine compartment Mods are still on paper - still watching/waiting for 2005 specfic parts to show up in the pipeline , Tuning and CAI for example.
I personally like the cai from K&N, we stock it and it works really well. As far as the cai from Arrowhead Performance........ don't hold your breath..... it only took them 7 months for their "shaker hood".... which every time I friggin' called them they said 2 weeks.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Xcommuter said:
The AP CAI is a wedge-shaped tray that angles down twords the radiator and plugs directly into the TB with the MAF in between. In the tray there are 2 cone filters on a T. The top rim of the tray has a hood gasket to seal around the hood and suck the cold air through the scoops. There is a pic of it on this forum.

·
Registered
937 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I personally like the cai from K&N, we stock it and it works really well. As far as the cai from Arrowhead Performance........ don't hold your breath..... it only took them 7 months for their "shaker hood".... which every time I friggin' called them they said 2 weeks.
Thats what I hear, however last weekend I was in Orlando with GTPPRIX who now works for AP and he felt very confident that they would have it ready for production in less than 60 days. The only downside so far is, I believe he stated the target price to market was almost 4 bills. :eek: Pretty steep and I hope its no more than $300 but aside from saw cutting holes in the body and ducting your intake outside of the engine compartment this is one of the only designs that I have seen that will truly draw in air from outside. I just want to wait it out, for a little bit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Xcommuter said:

Where did you read this. If there is truth to this I will hold off on purchasing this.

Thanks

·
Registered
498 Posts
LPE shipping

LPE told me they're rather behind on shipping, however, they did give me free shipping and the discounted price (even though I ordered a couple of days before the CAI went on sale).

Looking forward to getting this on the Goat. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Xcommuter said:

Just so there is no mis information...I called and spoke to a rep who said the 04 is being redesigned. The 05 is not. $209 with free shipping! :cheers

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Received the filter today, and the install was fairly simple. The only thing I didn't like was that the screws were all torx head (which I had to call a friend to get some torx wrenches). I could feel the added power in the seat of my pants!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
The AP CAI is a wedge-shaped tray that angles down twords the radiator and plugs directly into the TB with the MAF in between. In the tray there are 2 cone filters on a T. The top rim of the tray has a hood gasket to seal around the hood and suck the cold air through the scoops. There is a pic of it on this forum.
It isn't this by chance is it?

......cause this is a Harrop manifold, if it is on this site can you please post it again?????? :cheers

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
The_Goat said:
Received the filter today, and the install was fairly simple. The only thing I didn't like was that the screws were all torx head (which I had to call a friend to get some torx wrenches). I could feel the added power in the seat of my pants!
I orderd mine on saturday :party: i cant wait. my next door neighbor works as a mech at chevy. I will ask him to help me with my mods ie cai and 160 stat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts