Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The cam sounds KILLER! Dude that Rocks! Sounds like a classic because of the straight pipes. I dig it.
:rofl:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice sound! Brings back memories..
Whenever I hear a car that obviously has a modified V8, I try to roll down my windows and listen. I miss the days when modified V8s were what people who worked on/modded their own cars produced. I especially miss the large engines with the very irregular cam beat that almost sound, in parts, like the car is "drinking". I guess that may be what they call a "lopey cam"? Sometimes the idle was so low that those cars might stall at an intersection..oops. But I liked their sound (hey, anyone know where I can find a clip of that sound?)

There is just no way I'm going to roll down my window to "admire" the sound of a Civic with an oversized exhaust. :(

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds sweet man.

I just can't get my girlfriend to understand why a car with a lopey cam sounds awesome to me when it's so fierce it almost stalls at idle. I'm working on her though.... :)

She drives a Civic, what would you expect? She does dig the goat's exhaust note though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts