Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a New York dealer quote me $27,291 today on new '05, 6 speed manual, 17" wheels (base model, basically)

Had a second dealer call me half an hour later and matched the price.

Any of you with dealer connections know if GM has increased any dealer incentives up North? My local dealer says it has to be a scam.

Thanks for any help; the search continues, but I may need to commit to one of these tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
noz34me said:
Had a New York dealer quote me $27,291 today on new '05, 6 speed manual, 17" wheels (base model, basically)

Any of you with dealer connections know if GM has increased any dealer incentives up North? My local dealer says it has to be a scam.

Thanks for any help; the search continues, but I may need to commit to one of these tomorrow.
There is no base model. Yeah some have been lucky to get the 18" wheels but the only option that will change the price of the car is the choice of transmissions.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6QTS11OZ said:
There is no base model. Yeah some have been lucky to get the 18" wheels but the only option you have is the choice of transmissions.
I thought the 18" wheels show up as a separate line item on the window sticker; they always seem to add $$$$$ over the 17" ones.

·
Registered
910 Posts
noz34me said:

That is an EXCELLENT number. Paid 28K for my A4 8 weeks ago. Which incl the 1300.00 gas guzzler fee.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
johnebgoode said:
That is an EXCELLENT number. Paid 28K for my A4 8 weeks ago. Which incl the 1300.00 gas guzzler fee.
Appreciate the feedback- - -not sure if New England dealers are getting more $$$$ from GM or not, but this price is ~ $1200 better than I've gotten from any dealers in VA or West VA.

Some guys really get p.o.'d when you ask "What are you doing better than red tag price?" Others respond positively- - -I think the hunt is a hoot!

·
Registered
454 Posts
If the color is something you can live with I would jump with both feet!!
FYI the 6 spd trans is an option although auto costs more because of the GG tax I think the cars really only offer 2 options 6 speed trans and 18" wheels all other options are dealer installed
If I were a dealer in NE considering its almost January, probably about 10 degrees outside ,and 06's hitting the ground ,you can bet I would be wheeling and dealing!

let us know how you make out and good luck

·
Registered
148 Posts
I paid $29600 in for my '05 M6 17" in Sept. and my friend bought one for 29,100 about a month later and I thought that was a very good deal. The '06s are showing up on the Pontiac web locator in my area. I remember when the '04 dropped to $22500 after the '05 hit the market, but there were engine and drive train changes for the '05. I am going to be kicking myself for not holding out if they lower the '05 price much more..oh well hind sight is always 20-20. :cheers

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
noz34me said:

Thats an awesome deal man. If I wanted to buy an 05(I am a GM employee) I would pay $28,293.23. That is an employee cost. So I would reccomend taking that deal sir. Buy me one also, becasue I can sell that down here and make some money on it.:D

From my readings I cannot see any extra incentives in their area. Even if they included their holdback I cannot see how they are selling for that. I'd say take advantage as soon as you possibly can on that one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Edmunds.com has a TVM or true market value on the car
its an average of what people all over the country are paying,I would have to think that in the north east the prices would be a bit lower at this time of year

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.