Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.......... I had my first break issue today on the GTO, I went to pull up the driver side lock to unlock the passenger door, and the damn thing pulled right off the metal bar. It looks like it is stripped and works still, but is loose. Anyone have a problem with this, didnt see anything on the site.

Also my exhaust is rattling at low RPMs and over bumps, I read that some people had to have their catback replaced due to some pieces inside the muffler, or broken weld points on the exhaust. Is this common on these cars?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyopne, or a link to where I can find the info.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks im going to take it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Already had passenger side replaced.

I think that it is a known issue. The new cover that will replace the stripped one looks to be engineered a little different. I replaced it with a new cover and have had no issues since. the dealership should be able to help you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks made an appointment today. I also am having them look at the exhuast, it sounds like there is something loose in the muller that is makingracket down there. It doesnt matter much since Im putting an after market exhaust, but want to have one thats perfect so I can turn the car back to stock without any worries.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This by far, is the worst design flaw on the vehicle; I can understand that locking your keys in the car is a concern but this is just a nuisance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.