Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder might the administrator reply here.
Why was the IP adress on my brand new laptop blocked.
I was in Panama..Central America working for months and just wanted to see my GTO here even if I could not drive it. Read the latest etc.

Each time I went to gtoforum I got the message The administrator has banned my IP. ""click "here" to send a message to the administrator.
Click..message box appears...enter.. why is this computers IP blocked?? click send...message sent.
I was nice the first 10 times I wrote asking why.
No reponse....ever.
Now I am home in the USA and on my home PC.
I would like to know why the administrator ignored me for 4 months.
Why the hell was the IP banned on a new computer in Panama.
The laptop is not blocked here in the USA.
I will continue traveling all over the world as a contractor for the USA.
I might want to say or read something here....or look at pictures.
I joined this forum to participate. Why the hell was I ignored.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
I ban IP's of known spammers from outside the US, the IP you were using in Panama most likely was within the range of the IP addresses used by those trying to spam this forum.

I'll check into the e-mail address [email protected], The owner of GTOforum set up the domain server and the forum software before I became an admin.

Sorry for your inconvenience,

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
I now receive those e-mails from the "contact us" link along with the senders IP address, when you return to Panama send me an email and I'll remove the ban.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Did you try shooting an email to Randy or one of the other Moderators while you were in Panama? My email and others are posted. Even a PM to any one on here who has their personal PM's listed could have gotten a message to Randy.

If you could see the spamming and BOT hits on this site, you could understand why IP addresses from outside the country are flagged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts