Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i made it to washington DC in the goat. this may be of some use to you if you are thinking of traveling in your Goat. This info came right from the DCI

time- 10hr 42 min (this is driving time. total including stops and traffic 12 hs)

agv. speed- 67.9 (had some slow spots from Fredricksburva to arlington va. i would say i lost about 45 min in time)

Trip miles- 789

MPG- 21.1 ending. i did see a long period of time 22.1

Gallons used- 33.5

Tanks used (not by DCI)- 2 and 1 half

for a long time i was going 80-89 mph til i got to VA. cant use radar in that state.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks for the info...now I got an estimate on how much gas I am going to use to visit my folks in san antonio. 1000 miles...so probably 3 and half tanks...which isn't bad since my 2002 s10 that I just gave them did the trip using 3 tanks. Damn 4.3L vortec eats gas as much as the GTO

·
Registered
140 Posts
The GTO gets better gas mileage than the 2000 Ford Ranger with 3.0l v6.
We only had the Ranger for a year, the wife wanted a little pickup and that's exactly what she got--"a truck with little pickup power along with unacceptable mpg."

That Ranger also had those notorious Firestone tires that came on the Explorer. The front tire blew out when she barely scrapped a curb. That was before the word was out on those tires. I always wondered why the Ranger blew a tire with hardly any crub rash. Later, she lost control when the back-end slid on a rainy day taking a moderate curve at 30 mph. That's why I think the Firestone Tires were mostly to blame for the Explorer problems.

But the main reason I traded at the time was the poor pickup power, poor handling, and poor mpg. I would get less than 16 mpg and the wife would barely get 18 mpg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.