Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my trip to Lawrenceville to get some parts from Goodmark, and to Summit Racing, I scored some more GTO's!

Figured while I was in the area I would try to find a 70 GTO front clip like I want. So I got on craigslist and found a guy that had like 11 Gto/Lemans.
So I went by his place and looked over what he had. After some talking we deceided to do some trading. This was Saturday. So today I get up and drive back over there 3.5 hours there and 3.5 hours back home! I take him a 83 GMC truck and I brought home a 70 GTO, and a 71 GTO. Straight up trade!

After nearly 1,000 miles of driving this weekend I am back home and have added 2 more cars to my collection with lots of parts that I can use on my 71 lemans restoration.:party:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics of the 71 GTO. I might have 1 of the 70 gto. But nothing great, its still setting on the trailer.

Plans for the 71 GTO are:
Gonna use the entire frame. It has all brand new bushings, new tie rods, everything. Power disc brake setup. Gonna strip the aqua green paint. POR 15 the frame and use it. Remove any part that can be reused. Fact is the car is pretty rusty in the rear area. Floor pan has had replacement patches welded in. Has 4 speed pedal assembly. Both cars have pretty good bucket seats. I wouldnt use them but they are reusable to cover or parts.
I know this is not the classifieds but, if there is anything on these that someone needs. I will gladly sell it or use the "pay it forward" or barter. Anything to help some fellow GTO/Lemans/Tempest owners.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
70 GTO Actually has an engine and I think transmission in this one! I havent checked any numbers on it closely yet but he said its all matching numbers. We will see.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pictures of 70 GTO I might just bring back to life.

What are the hubcaps from? Are they worth anything?

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Sounds like a plan! Mitch (TMP) will be jealous when he sees that you have more projects than him!:lol: Nice Score!!!:cheersEric

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys.

Just a few months ago I didnt even own a pontiac. I did have a 79 TA last year but not for long. Anyhow, you guys have been pretty nice at answering questions and helping me out. Which you do not find on alot of forums. Usually you find snobby people who think everything thing they have is the best and they arent willing to help out a newbie. Or either they are a purist and bash on you if you do not do everything their way. The way I see it, cars were made to be driven and thats exactly what I will be doing. Not looking for the next Barrett Jackson overpriced car. Or to have the most rare of anything. l just want a nice presentable driver to take to the Sonic or Dairy Queen during the warm months and shoot the bull with some fellow car guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts