Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I took the plunge and bought a goat today, so now I'm in the herd, I suppose :) I went with an 06 blue/blue M6 w/ the 18" wheels.

Anyway, the dealership didn't have any blues on their lot, but I asked them if they had any other colors, and it turned out they had a blue/blue at an affiliated dealership or something. I've always thought the blue was nice looking, and that was the color I was preferring. However, I had no idea it would be quite as bright as it is.

I've also always thought the GTO had rather sedate styling, and looked forward to the stealth factor. But I've found driving this bright blue car that has some exhaust noise is almost embarrassing right now. I'm sure it will wear off, but right now I'm pretty self-conscious about my goat :| I think part of what kicked it off was that some people were actually staring at it.. I did not expect that at all. I feel like crouching down behind the wheel and hiding right now. :p

Well hopefully that should wear off once some of the newness wears off. I also haven't had a stick in a while (my last few cars were autos) so I'm kinda rusty on the stick, but its coming back to me. I'm finding it hardest downshifting into 3rd or 4th right now, since they are kinda in the center. But I haven't stalled it at least.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with my prepurchase questions!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Clueless said:
Ok, I took the plunge and bought a goat today, so now I'm in the herd, I suppose :) I went with an 06 blue/blue M6 w/ the 18" wheels.

Anyway, the dealership didn't have any blues on their lot, but I asked them if they had any other colors, and it turned out they had a blue/blue at an affiliated dealership or something. I've always thought the blue was nice looking, and that was the color I was preferring. However, I had no idea it would be quite as bright as it is.

I've also always thought the GTO had rather sedate styling, and looked forward to the stealth factor. But I've found driving this bright blue car that has some exhaust noise is almost embarrassing right now. I'm sure it will wear off, but right now I'm pretty self-conscious about my goat :| I think part of what kicked it off was that some people were actually staring at it.. I did not expect that at all. I feel like crouching down behind the wheel and hiding right now. :p

Well hopefully that should wear off once some of the newness wears off. I also haven't had a stick in a while (my last few cars were autos) so I'm kinda rusty on the stick, but its coming back to me. I'm finding it hardest downshifting into 3rd or 4th right now, since they are kinda in the center. But I haven't stalled it at least.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with my prepurchase questions!

1. welcome to the herd.

2. Hold your head up high. you have one of the best cars for the money with an amazing interior, unbelievable engine, and underestimated exterior styling. you my friend should be exremely proud of your decision and the attention. Because believe me, the stares are coming from envious eyes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
dealernut said:
1. welcome to the herd.

2. Hold your head up high. you have one of the best cars for the money with an amazing interior, unbelievable engine, and underestimated exterior styling. you my friend should be exremely proud of your decision and the attention. Because believe me, the stares are coming from envious eyes.
:agree

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the herd also. You'll learn to love the stares. I find myself looking in the rear view as I pass other cars just to see the expressions, stares, and finger pointing of drivers and passengers. :D

It's the best feeling when you see a driver in an AMG merc tapping his passenger and point to your Goat as you drive by.:cool

·
Registered
176 Posts
Okay here's the Official:
Welcome to our little corner of the world. It is the most awesome and fun place to enjoy a cup of coffee or a beer, light hearted banter and some serious GTO enthusiasm. :cheers

Hold your head high and drive with pride after all you own a goat!!!!! :cool
There is no greater feeling!!!

Monica

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all. I'm beginning to like the car more and more, the more I get used to it. :)

After my initial day, I pretty much lost the self-conscious feel--until today, when I went to work for the first time since having it. I had crossed most of the parking lot, and I turned back to look and see how much the bright color stood out among other cars, and saw that some guy had walked over to it and was checking it out. :willy: Fortunately that passed quickly.

It's a pretty cool car overall. By the way, the last few cars I've owned have had a lugnut key (or whatever it is called) for locking lugnuts on the wheels--but I cannot find one in the goat, either in the glovebox or in the bay where the mini-spare is. Does the goat not have locking lugnuts? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Or do I have to head back to the dealership and get them to give me one?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Clueless said:
Thanks all. I'm beginning to like the car more and more, the more I get used to it. :)

After my initial day, I pretty much lost the self-conscious feel--until today, when I went to work for the first time since having it. I had crossed most of the parking lot, and I turned back to look and see how much the bright color stood out among other cars, and saw that some guy had walked over to it and was checking it out. :willy: Fortunately that passed quickly.

It's a pretty cool car overall. By the way, the last few cars I've owned have had a lugnut key (or whatever it is called) for locking lugnuts on the wheels--but I cannot find one in the goat, either in the glovebox or in the bay where the mini-spare is. Does the goat not have locking lugnuts? Am I looking in the wrong spot? Or do I have to head back to the dealership and get them to give me one?
first of all welcome, you have just purchased what is in my opinion one kick a$$ ride.....

the lugnut key, unfortunatley is not free in this world...... for any and all extra's you must fork out some of that coveted cash.... it is especially a good idea if you buy aftermarket rims.... sorry to be the bearer of the bad news but at least you can stop looking :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.