Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been many months since my last post as I started looking at 1969 Camaros but now I am back looking for a GTO. Today I looked at a 1969 GTO from original owner. It has 99K miles it runs and drives but it hasn't had inspection in 10 years. It has 400cdi, auto in floor not his n hers with A/C, power top and hiden headlghts and original hub caps. It needs full quarters, rockers, lower doors and dash-valence. I have picts but still trying to get them posted. Pans are so so with no holes. Generally speaking is this worth 4500.00$ (needs entire interior) I'll try to post pictures
Thank you

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Unless you are an expert welder/fabricator and a good body man, no, it's not worth it. You'd be far ahead of the game buying the same car already restored for around 20-25k.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
... auto in floor not his n hers ...
Yes it is :D Well, sort of. the Hurst His N Hers was last used in 1968. The 69's though have a ratchet shifter. Pull it down into low, then on the upshifts push both forward and OUT towards the passenger side of the car and it will ratchet through the gears just as pretty as you please. I had my 69 for several years, driving it every day, before I figured that out :rofl:

I love 69's... I love 65's too... In fact, there's not one I don't like :)

Bear

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
GeeTee's right you can get a sweet resto for 20-25K that someone has more than that into. Sounds like you would be looking at that just for body and paint on that one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it has the ratchet shifter.....and a good point is made with todays hardships one can buy a car for less then what is in it, while my labor cost would not be discounted near as much. I just dont see convertible GTOs whole and running for sale that cheep so it was/is tempting.
Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I agree, I bought a '68 convertible earlier this year full restored with a lot of high dollar mod's, in that price range. Unless you've got a lot of time and can do most everything yourself your money ahead finding one already done. With the bad economy there are some deals to be found if you look hard enough. I really like this '68, don't see a lot of them at shows, it generates a lot of interest and compliments, I hope you find one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts