Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New guy here..and Im hopping for good information one buying GT0s.
a new guy ataa work has one for sell that is real cool and might be the pefect car ofr me.
hes says it is a 2004 with a 2005 moter and has a chip that puts out 500rer wheel horspower and it has a automatic transmision with racing tires on it. hhes never put it on a dyno but says it will beat any corvete and wants 24.9K or bvest offer. it havae 15thousan miles is this a good deal
sorry for the bad speling i am at work and havet ot do this quick
thank you for youre help
edit for correct milage.

·
Registered
937 Posts
slowride said:
a new guy ataa work has one for sell that is real cool and might be the pefect car ofr me.
hes says it is a 2004 with a 2005 moter and has a chip that puts out 500rer wheel horspower and it has a automatic transmision with racing tires on it. hhes never put it on a dyno but says it will beat any corvete and wants 24.9K or bvest offer. it havae 15thousan miles is this a good deal
thank you for youre help
edit for correct milage.
OK, couple things here. Be very suspect regarding the engine, I highly doubt he has a 04 with the LS2 in it. It wouldn’t make sense financially. With the LS1 or LS2, no “chip” in this world is going to add 165~190 RWHP. $24K OBO for a 04 with 15K doesn’t seem too bad, if it’s in great shape. I would have great trepidation purchasing a vehicle from someone who is making these claims. There is no reason to candy coat the GTO's performance. I also do not believe there is a late model GTO capable of beating a Z06 corvette, regardless of the modifications. Good luck, and I would recommended looking elsewhere. :cheers

·
Banned
98 Posts
You might want to wait for a while. Premium fuel prices are crazy right now. There are thousands of 05s out there or on route. These are going to be an extremely tough sell without some aggressive incentives and discounts.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
slowride said:
thank you for youre help
edit for correct milage.
Slowride...... me thinks he wants to take you for a ride ........ My advise.... Don't buy a car that's been used for racing, especially for 30K, number 1. and Number 2 unless he can prove in verified documentation that what he says hes done, was done.... I'd keep looking.....

My advise.... Keep looking..... Stay away from that one.

30K for an 04' with an 05' engine, racing tires, and a chip that mods it up to 500 HP ? If you fall for that one...... I have a bridge I want to sell ya :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
:agree
JMVorbeck said:
OK, couple things here. Be very suspect regarding the engine, I highly doubt he has a 04 with the LS2 in it. It wouldn’t make sense financially. With the LS1 or LS2, no “chip” in this world is going to add 165~190 RWHP. $24K OBO for a 04 with 15K doesn’t seem too bad, if it’s in great shape. I would have great trepidation purchasing a vehicle from someone who is making these claims. There is no reason to candy coat the GTO's performance. I also do not believe there is a late model GTO capable of beating a Z06 corvette, regardless of the modifications. Good luck, and I would recommended looking elsewhere. :cheers
full of **** i think :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.