Pontiac GTO Forum banner

looking for a new dash panel, where can i find one?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Pinion head 
#1 ·
Im restoring a 1966 GTO and need a new dash panel as the one i have is rusted out, does anyone know where i can find one or if someone have one , any help would be much appreciated

#5 ·
Have removed the dash close out panels (down into the cowl) out of 4door parts cars quite a few times, then built a mini crate and shipped them out. Even in VERY ARID environments, I'd expect the near 50 year old metal to have some rust pinholes in the corners, if not worse. The water thin laquer paint didnt provide much corossion prevention In his rust pronearea, condensation will get to it. Early this morning moved a complete dash cutout from a '72, I cut it out nearly 20 years ago. Been indoors, hanging off the red iron, will still take a good 3-4 hours worth of work breaking it down and metal finishing just to get to the donor metal relacement state, and that's with a good spread of spot weld bits, air tools, and the MIG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.