Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I am trying to find a couple cars my Dad used to own. However, all I have is the LP# and nothing else. Can someone please tell me in this world of super technology how I can find these cars? LOL. Dad passed away 2 years ago this Sunday (31st) and I would love more than anything to find either or both these cars and hopefully buy one or both of them back. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Dad bought this 1966 Lemans brand new in Louisville, Ms in 1966

He traded the 66 Lemans on on this brand new 69 GTO in Longview, Tx in 1969.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Would need to know when cars were sold, where, and what the VIN numbers are. If they were sold before the 1990's, very unlikely they are still around. If sold within the last 15 years or so, very likely they ARE still around!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's the issue. I have no way of getting the VIN number sadly. The 66' was traded in on the 69 in late 68 or early 69. All I have are the LP#'s and that doesn't do me any good. Do you think GM would have records going back that far as to the cars they shipped to the dealers during that time that match these 2 cars descriptions?

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Your best bet is old insurance papers for the cars or old registration slips showing the VIN numbers. Even bank payment statements from that time. Since both cars have been out of your sight for 50-ish years, the chances of them still being around are very slim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your best bet is old insurance papers for the cars or old registration slips showing the VIN numbers. Even bank payment statements from that time. Since both cars have been out of your sight for 50-ish years, the chances of them still being around are very slim.
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. I'm sure the chances they are still around are slim. The 69 GTO I would guess could still be around simply because it's a GTO. The Lemans, probably not so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts