Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first new car was my '66 GTO. I lived in New York at the time, and I sold the car in 1971. If the car still exists and if I could find the current owner, I've got some great photos, and the original registration to share.

The VIN is 242176G121281.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first new car was my '66 GTO. I lived in New York at the time, and I sold the car in 1971. If the car still exists and if I could find the current owner, I've got some great photos, and the original registration to share.

The VIN is 242176G121281.
Did you ever find your car? Or did you pursue a search? If so, I'd love to hear the story. I am writing a book about similar stories. The book is called "The Ones That Got Away" It is a compilation of stories of car guys(and gals) who have sold/lost their car only to find it many years later.

And I have about 10 other car owners that are included in the book who have searched and found their cars. Maybe I can connect you with some of their resources.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did you ever find your car? Or did you pursue a search? If so, I'd love to hear the story. I am writing a book about similar stories. The book is called "The Ones That Got Away" It is a compilation of stories of car guys(and gals) who have sold/lost their car only to find it many years later.

And I have about 10 other car owners that are included in the book who have searched and found their cars. Maybe I can connect you with some of their resources.

Thanks
Jeff
Very cool concept! Let us know when the book is done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts