Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope that this is the correct spot to find my first car, my 1968 GTO. It was Solar red with red interior and since I was young and stupid ( now old and stupid) all of the paperwork that people would kill for now has disappeared, but I still have a bunch of cool photos to share with whoever has it.

I purchased it in April of 1978 from a guy in Bellevue, PA. It was originally from Arizona. I kept track of it until 5 years ago but, now I am unable to locate its whereabouts. After 35 years I stil know the VIN number, it is: 242378Z136356.

Perhaps it is still in the Pittsburgh area, the individual who owned it spoke to me about a possible purchase, but it never materialized. I had heard recently that it moved on to a new owner, and I have lost contact with the person who owned it 5 years ago. Confusing, I know. Anyway, even if I can't buy it back it would mean a lot to know that it is still around. Thanks.

If this thread should be in the classifieds my apologies. Feeling pretty nostalgic for my old car.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Hi there Andy, good luck on your search. If you haven't tried the other places already, there are some other Pontiac forums you might try also:

Pontiac Street Performance
Pontiac Zone
Performance Years.

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
I'll add this: if it was around 5 years ago, it is very likely still around now. It had been a 'collector' car for quite awhile at that time. Most of these cars hit the junkyard in their first 15 years of life. Your VIN is a big help. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the past few days I have learned that the car might have been part of a trade for a full size Pontiac. Thank you for the replies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts